SLINGSHOT Festival 2015
SLINGSHOT invites proposals for new or recent works for the SLINGSHOT Festival, March 26-28, 2015, in Athens, Georgia (USA).
SLINGSHOT – the new international nexus for music and creative innovation – takes over downtown Athens, GA March 26-28, 2015. Spread over 5 city blocks, SLINGSHOT spotlights music on stage, boundary-pushing artworks throughout the urban environment and a tech conference with leading innovators.
SLINGSHOT is a hybrid festival that allows a diverse audience to engage with music, art and tech as a continuum across pop, alternative and experimental genres. Art pervades the urban environment, indoors and out, knitting the festival area together and encouraging discovery, crossing over, and active engagement.
SLINGSHOT highlights interactivity, sound, video and audiovisual works, mobile and locative media, innovative performance, and art integrated with the urban environment. Site-specific proposals are encouraged.
- Installations involving any media.
- All types of performance and performance art involving technology.
- Mobile Media.
- Work involving mobile devices, including locative media.
- Sound works with 2-8 channels of audio for our Projection Space. Works with visual, site specific or other elements should be submitted under other categories.
- Video / Audiovisual.
- HD Video works for our Projection Space. (Sound in stereo, 5.1 surround, or up to 8 channels. Works for multiple screens, LCD screens, site specific works, etc. should be submitted in other categories.
- Anything else. Surprise us.
SLINGSHOT is also accepting entries in the 2015 Data Perceptualization Competition. Data perceptualizations (using visualization, sonifiction and/or other techniques) may be entered in competition. Finalists exhibit at SLINGSHOT and compete for a $1000 cash prize.