Japan Media Arts Festival 17
The Japan Media Arts Festival is a comprehensive festival of MediaArts (=Media Geijutsu) that honors outstanding works in the four divisions of Art, Entertainment,Animation, and Manga, as well as providing a platform for appreciation of the works that have won awards.
For the 17th festival in 2014, entries will be accepted from across the globe until September 12. Entries are sought in various disciplines of the Media Arts.
For the 17th Festival in 2014, entries will be accepted from across the globe. Entries are sought in various disciplines of the Media Arts including interactive art, video, websites, games, animation, and comics, and from professional, amateur, independent and commercial sources.
The Four Divisions (Art, Entertainment, Animation, Manga）
- Art Division
- Works of art created with new media and digital technologies.
Interactive art, media installations, video works, graphic art (digital illustration, digital photography, computer graphics, etc), web-based works, media performances, etc.
- Entertainment Division
- Works for entertainment created with digital technologies.
Games (video games, online games, etc.), video works (music videos, advertising videos, special effects videos, etc.), gadgets, electronics, websites, application software, etc.
- Animation Division
- Animated feature films, animated short films, animated series, etc.
- Manga Division
- Comics published in book form, comics published in a magazine (including works still being serialized), comics published online (for computer or mobile), self-published comics, etc.
In all divisions professional, amateur, independent, and commercial works are eligible for submission.
Works must be completed or released between: Friday, September 21, 2012 and Thursday, September 12, 2013
- Works completed, changed, renewed, presented or released during the above period are eligible for entry.
- While the number of entries made is unlimited, the same work may not be entered in multiple divisions.
The entrant must hold the copyright to the submitted work. If the work is submitted by a representative, permission from the copyright holder must be obtained.
For each division, one Grand Prize, four Excellence Awards, and three New Face Awards will be awarded on the basis of artistic quality and creativity. In addition, a Special Achievement Award will be awarded on the recommendation of the Jury to an individual or group who has made a special contribution to Media Arts in any of the four divisions.
- Grand Prize: Certificate, trophy, 600,000 Japanese Yen
- Excellence Award: Certificate, trophy, 300,000 Japanese Yen
- New Face Award: Certificate, trophy, 200,000 Japanese Yen
- Special Achievement Award: Certificate*, trophy
- Other outstanding entries will be chosen by the Jury as Jury Selections