Festival international Nouveau Cinema Nouveaux Medias de Montreal
The 40th edition of the Montreal International Festival of Nouveau Cinema
The Festival du nouveau cinéma is committed to the exploration and development of new practices in cinema and new media. It is a premiere showcase for original and brand-new works, particularly in the fields of independent cinema and digital creation.
The Festival du nouveau cinéma’s calling card is its rigorous and diverse programming, consistently presenting high-quality and often unseen works selected for their originality and innovation. The FNC has always developed in tandem with evolving practices and trends in cinema, and equipped with high-tech screening and presentation facilities, it has earned an international reputation as a leading-edge festival.
Travel, meet, exchange
The FNC is also an excellent platform for discoveries, introductions, events and exchanges uniting audiences and industry professionals.
Ever geared towards new and original works, the Festival du nouveau cinéma is committed to promoting the latest practices in cinema and new media, with a special regard for independent cinema and digital creation. The Festival’s programming is organized into seven main sections comprising more than 300 short and feature-length films.
- International Selection (Competition)
- International films offering a new vision and approach to cinema. The films presented must be first, second or third feature-length works by a director.
- Discover the vitality of Quebec and Canadian cinema.
- Special Presentation
- Great names in cinema and the year’s best films.
- Panorama International
- Atour of the world’s best cinema.
- Temps Ø
- The festival’s wildest section is an eclectic showcase of films that defy classification. Avant-garde, mischievous, off-kilter and totally riotous, this section is all about surprising discoveries and ultimate audience pleasure.
- P’tits Loups
- Our youth section.
- FNC Lab
- Wide-ranging works of experimentation at the crossroads of cinema, visual arts and new technology. A laboratory that pushes beyond traditional narrative and aesthetic forms in a program spanning films, installations, performances and transmedia projects..
- FNC Pro
- The annual rendez-vous for media and industry professionals. Activities that facilitate the exchange of expertise in the domain of cinema with a special attention towards the new technological realities of the field.
You can submit your films online using Withoutabox or also use the paper entry form.
The Festival du nouveau cinéma
3805, Boul. Saint-Laurent
H2W 1×9 Montreal, Quebec