Intercontinental Biennial of Small Graphics, Romania
The "Inter-Art" Foundation Aiud, "Liviu Rebreanu" Cultural Center Aiud and AiudOnline.ro web portal are organising in 2006 the first edition of the "Inter-Art" Intercontinental Biennial of Small Graphics, in Aiud.
The Biennial wants to inaugurate a new tradition in Aiud, so as to illustrate its title of CITY OF ARTS. Furthermore, it marks a premiere in what the definition of intercontinental is concerned, as the organizers are counting on the participation of artists on all the continents and wish to divide thie entire event in four segments representing four geographical areas, which include all the continents of the Earth: Europe, North and South America, Asia, Africa and Oceania. Four exhibitions will be organised in four different locations in June 26 – 29th 2006
- The only works accepted are: graphic works, drawings, original prints and engravings (aquaforte, dry point, colography, linography, xylography, litography etc.)
- Maximal dimension accepted: A4 format (29,5 × 21 cm)
- The works are to be sent unframed to the following address: Fundatia "Inter-Art" Foundation Aiud / Stefan Balog 515200 – Aiud, C.P. 40 / Judetul Alba, Romania
- Participants have to complete the entry form that can be downloaded from www.aiud-art.com or can be requested by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The works are to be returned upon the artist&8217;s request one calendar year after the opening of the Biennial. The exhibition will travel to several locations in Romania throughout this period.
- The artists who will like to donate their works to the organizers will stipulate this in the application form. These works will enter the patrimony of the INTER-ART CONTEMPORARY ART MUSEUM in Aiud.
- Application deadline: May 20th 2006 (postal date)
- A jury will grant the INTER-ART SPECIAL PRIZE, as well as prizes for the I-st, II-nd and III-rd place.
- The organisers have the right to publish the works entering the exhibition.
- Each accepted artist will receive a Biennial catalogue.