TwoNotTen Digital Arts Festival
New digital arts festival > twonotten
Southampton, UK. October 20th – December 15th 2006.
This October will see the launch of a new eight-week long digital arts festival, twonotten, and this is your opportunity to be part of it. Submissions are now being called for from digital artists who wish to showcase their work. The final venues for the festival are to be confirmed, although we can announce that the bargate monument gallery and a number of artvaults in Southampton will be part of the event.
Exhibition submission criteria
Artists or groups wishing to submit work for the exhibition must provide the following information:
- Current CV, inclusive of an ‘artist profile’ and email address.
- Written proposal (maximum of 500 words). Tell us about the piece(s) of work you are submitting.
- Visual representations (images on CD are preferred, however this is not essential).
- The dimensions of your piece(s).
- Any technical requirements / specifications the piece(s) may require (including equipment needed or equipment being supplied by you). Some equipment is available, but the organisers welcome the use of artist’s own equipment for the exhibition.
- A £10.00 entry fee per artwork in order to cover administrative and insurance costs. Please make all cheques payable to the organiser’s
‘a space’. The arts organisation a space has been actively supporting and exhibiting emerging artistic talent for the last five years. In association with their partners (cockneydog and ocean pixel), this new platform, twonotten, will support digital based practitioners.
- There is no strict format to follow when entering, please submit a proposal in a format that you feel best explains your work and concerns.
- If you require your proposal to be returned, please provide a stamped addressed envelope.
- No funding is available to commission new works.
- All media submitted will be considered for artwork that either deals with digital or technology issues, or artwork in which digital technology was critical to its production.
- Media can include: Video / installation / print / performance / sculpture / interactive / illustration / animation / electronic audio / computer based music
All proposals submitted will be considered. An independent panel will select the works to be exhibited. The decision of the panel is final and will be based on the work’s suitability for the festival as well as issues of quality.
- Cut-off date: Submissions must be received by Friday 1st September.
- You will be informed of the panel’s decision by Friday 8th September.
- You must be able to deliver your work to Southampton by Monday 2nd October.
- You must be prepared for your work to be shown in a number of possible locations. As this exhibition is in the form of a festival (multiple sites) your work maybe selected for any one of a number of venues situated in Southampton
- You will be required to aid the promotion of the event through assisting in raising awareness through your own database or artistic networks. Promotional material will be supplied to you in order for this to be achieved.
- You must be prepared to have your ‘artist profile’, edited artwork description and supplied images featured as part of the advertising campaign (online and print), should the organisers deem it necessary.
- The exhibition will open to the public on Friday 20th October 2006 and continue until Friday 15th December 2006, with a private viewing of the exhibition scheduled for the week prior to the exhibition opening (this date will be confirmed in due course).
All proposals should be sent by post or email:
- The bargate monument gallery, High Street, Southampton, SO14 1HF, United Kingdom with an accompanying cheque.
- Please make all cheques payable to ‘a space’ and reference ‘twonotten‘ and your work on the reverse.
- Proposals can also be submitted by email but will require a cheque to be received in the post by the cut-off date before the work can be considered.
- email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you soon!