Cinema: Journal of Philosophy and the Moving Image
Call for Papers
Cinema: Journal of Philosophy and the Moving Image is now accepting submissions for the 2nd issue. Editors welcome articles that fall under the broad rubric of the relations between cinema and philosophy.
Submission deadline: March 1, 2011 (abstracts) and June 1, 2011 (completed papers)
Areas include, but are not limited to:
- philosophy of cinema today
- epistemology and ontology of cinema and of the moving image
- the relationship film studies and philosophy of cinema
- the analytic/continental divide within philosophy of cinema
- new approaches and trends within the philosophy of cinema
- historical approaches to philosophy of cinema and film theory
- cinema as philosophy
Prospective authors are invited to contact us and/or to submit an abstract of approximately 500 words and a short CV by March 1, 2011. A selection of authors will be invited to submit full papers according to the journal guidelines.
Submissions can be made online via a link on the Journal’s homepage:
http://www.fcsh.unl.pt/revistas/cjpmi, or directly to the editors at the following email address: email@example.com
Submissions are accepted in Portuguese, English, French and Spanish, but only from native speakers of these languages). Please contact the editors, Patrícia Silveirinha Castello Branco (firstname.lastname@example.org), Sérgio Dias Branco (email@example.com) or Susana Viegas (firstname.lastname@example.org), with any queries.
Cinema also invites submissions to our special sections: interviews, book reviews and conference reports.