You can submit your works to participate the Ninth ZEMOS98 international call for short works on video by November 1st. These guidelines continue the agreement of ZEMOS98 to pay 150 € for every work participating this section for the purposes of presenting the work and public screening.
ZEMOS98 presents the Ninth ZEMOS98 international call for short works on video, an eminently non-competitive festival.
1. PARTICIPANTS. The call for works is open to all video makers – professional or amateur – of any age or nationality. Participants may submit as many works as they wish, as long as each work:
- has been made on VIDEO, either analogue or digital.
- is in Spanish, or any other language as long as it is subtitled in Spanish or English.
We recommend a maximum duration of 20 minutes. We declare again our emphatic support for concise and synthetic works, not just in terms of narrative values but also as a way of ensuring the quality of the festival screenings.
If your work lasts more than 20 minutes and you want to participate, you should include a justification to explain why you think your work must participate. The Selection Committee is understanding.
But remember it is also a matter of space, as prize-winning works will be included on the next ZEMOS98 DVD.
The theme and genre are open.
2. SUBMISSION. Each work must be submitted on a separate tape or disc (NTSC or PAL), rewound to the start if applicable, labelled with the author&8217;s name and the name and duration of the work, and accompanied by the documentation set out in point 3 of these guidelines.
Regardless of the original videographic format used, works must be submitted in one of the following formats: VHS, S-VHS, MINI.DV-SP, DVD, SVIDEO-CD, VIDEO-CD. The recommended format is MINI.DV_SP.
Works selected to be included in the Official Selection must send a copy in MINI.DV – SP format within 10 days after ZEMOS98 publish the works participating the Official Selection.
3. REGISTRATION AND DOCUMENTATION: Authors must register through an online form.
Submissions must be accompanied by at least two images (in JPG format, and no larger than 100kb). These will be used for the interactive cd-rom containing information about all the works that will be made after the festival, and the annual printed zemos98 catalogue. If you don&8217;t send your images through the registration form, you can e-mail them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Authors of the works selected for the Official Section will be asked to supply two high-quality images (at least 720 × 576 pixels).
You may also include any additional information such as production details, promotional material, etc.
Any errors or missing information on registration forms will be posted on the zemos98 web site, together with the deadline for submitting this information. If any missing and/or incorrect information has not been corrected by the 5th of November, the corresponding work will not be viewed by the Selection Committee.
4. SUBMISSION: Works can be submitted by post or courier, or delivered in person, by November 1, 2006. Only works postmarked before November 1 will be accepted.
The address for submissions is:
CONVOCATORIA CREACIÓN AUDIOVISUAL ZEMOS98
Universidad Internacional de Andalucía
Monasterio de Santa María de las Cuevas,
c/ Américo Vespucio, 2 Isla de la Cartuja
41092 Sevilla España
5. SELECTION: All works that meet these guidelines will be made available for viewing on the ZEMOS98 video-on-demand computers, which will provide public access to the festival video library, and may also be screened during the Festival. Festival organisers will select the best videos for the Official Selection and the Paralel Screenings, which will be screened on the final two days of the Festival (Official Selection) and along the week (Paralel Screenings).
ZEMOS98 [ninth edition] agrees to pay 150 € for every work participating the Official Selection for the purposes of presenting the work and public screening.
ZEMOS98 will select several works participating this call to be included in a special Internet TV programme through Forward TV, available at www.forwardtv.net.
All information relating to the short videos, as well as the date, time and place they will be screened, will be posted on www.zemos98.org
6. PRIZES: Although ZEMOS98 is still an eminently non-competitive festival, it recognises the values of specific works in various ways:
- DVD.ZEMOS98 [novena edición]: ZEMOS98 will edit the ZEMOS98 [novena edición] DVD, which will contain the best videos from the Official Section. There are also audience awards, judged by the votes of the public attending the Official Section.
- ITINERANCY. This DVD will be toured around the world, which implies international diffusion for the artists and their works. Authors will sign a non-exclusive cession of screening rights. If the festival sells or rents any screening, ZEMOS98 agrees to share the profit in equal parts between the authors.
- 6TH MEETING OF AUDIOVISUAL CREATORS. Festival organisers will invite and provide accommodation for all authors (and one companion) selected for the Official Selection. This meeting will take place over three days. The idea is to discuss aspects relating to audiovisual culture, and give authors the opportunity to comment on the selection and on ZEMOS98 in general. Industry professionals and other creators will also be invited to screen their work and contribute their thoughts.
- PRIZE FOR THE BEST LATIN AMERICAN WORK. We have created a special category to acknowledge the best work submitted out of all the works received from Latin American authors. The prize includes a grant for accommodation and enrolment fees in the Master of Audiovisual Communication held every two years at the Universidad Internacional de Andalucia facilities in Rábida, in the region of Huelva. This prize will be available when the master is announced by the Universidad Internacional de Andalucia.
7. SCREENINGS. Public screenings of the official selection will take place in the Espacio zemos98_ninth edition venue, in March 2007. The festival program will be made public well in advance, and posted on www.zemos98.org.
8. RETURN OF MATERIALS. All works submitted will be included in the videoteca.zemos98 video library, and may be screened for cultural and/or educational (in no case commercial) purposes in the various screenings that are organised throughout the year, which will be posted on www.zemos98.org. ZEMOS98 will not hand over, sell, rent any copies to other interested institutions without the consent of the producer of the work required.
9. CONTACT. You can find updated information about the festival and related activities on www.zemos98.org. For any questions or suggestions, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. The organisation will not be liable for any accidents that may affect submitted works. The organisation reserves screening rights to works that may be harmful to human rights. Participation in the festival implies acceptance of these guidelines. Any unforeseen circumstances or changes to these guidelines will be resolved by the organisation and reported on www.zemos98.org and the zemos98 mailing list.