5th ZEBRA Poetry Film Festival
Invitation to enter the 5th ZEBRA Poetry Film Festival, 2010
For the 5th time, the Literaturwerkstatt Berlin and interfilm Berlin are inviting entries for this competition to choose the best poetry films!.
Entries should be short films based on one or more poems. A programme commission will decide which of the films entered will be featured in the competition or shown in the programme as part of the ZEBRA Poetry Film Festival from 14 – 17 October 2010 in BErlin in the Babylon Cinema. An international jury will decide the winners. The prizes awarded will be the ZEBRA Award for the Best Poetry Film, the Film Poetry Award of the Goethe Institute and the Ritter Sport Award, donated by Alfred Ritter GmbH & Co KG, to a total value of €10,000.
The deadline for entries is 14 June 2010
The ZEBRA Poetry Film Festival has established itself as an international forum for short films that deal with the content, aesthetics or form of poems. It offers filmmakers and poets from around the world the opportunity to exchange ideas and define positions.
The ZEBRA Poetry Film Festival is a cooperation project between the Literaturwerkstatt Berlin and interfilm Berlin and is kindly supported by the Capital Cultural Fund, the Goethe Institute, Alfred Ritter GmbH & Co KG and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Tech- nische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH. It takes place as part of the poesiefestival berlin.
- Conditions of Entry: Films up to 15 minutes in duration completed after 1 January 2007 may be entered. The selection committee reserves the right in exceptional cases to admit longer films. All films submitted must be audio-visual interpretations of one of more poems. Permis- sible formats for showing are: 35mm, Beta SP and DVD in the highest-possible resolution. Films for screening must have English subtitles.
- Entries: Closing date for entries is 14 June 2010 (date of postmark). The entry must include the following materials: a completed entry form (see below), a preview video in DVD or VHS format, a digital still photo, a literary translation of the poem(s) in German or English, a synopsis, a biography of the poet and a biography and filmography of the director. All texts must be provided in digital form. Submission of entry materials is at the expense of the sender. Submissions from abroad must bear the notice: ‚Temporary use. Only for cultural purposes. Content has no commercial value’. This applies both to the entry materials and the screening copies (cf. No. 4). The statement of value of the attached proforma invoice (Download ‚Proforma Invoice’ see below) may not exceed € 19. Submissions which are unstamped or wrongly declared will not be accepted. Preview copies will remain in the archive of the Literaturwerkstatt Berlin and will be returned only at the express wish and expense of the sender. Film submissions will automatically be entered for all parts of the programme.
- Please send entries to:
ZEBRA Poetry Film Festival
- Please send entries to:
- Selection of films: On the basis of the preview copies, the Programme Commission will decide on the selection of the films for the competition and all other parts of the programme. A list of the films that have been selected will be posted at www.literaturwerkstatt. org from the beginning of September 2010. No enquiries regarding selection will be answered before this time. From mid-September 2010 on. all participants will be informed by e-mail of the results of the selection.
- Submission of screening copies: Screening copies of the films that have been selected must be received by the Literaturwerkstatt Berlin by no later than 30 September 2010. The dispatcher must pay the costs of dispatching the submission to Berlin. The instructions for dispatch under No. 2 also apply to the submission of the screening copies. Costs arising from wrongly declared or wrongly stamped dispatch will be billed to the sender. The cost of return will be borne by the Literaturwerkstatt Berlin.
- Insurance: Dispatch and return of the film copies is at the risk of the sender. Screening copies are insured during the event at their copy value. Any claims for compensation must be made by no later than ten days after return dispatch. The venue of jurisdiction is Berlin.