The festival aims to promote films directed by women on subjects of their choice, to allow a better understanding of the situation and evolution of women and their cinema in each represented country.
It is a non competition festival with Audience Mention to Best Documentary Film and Best Feature Film.
Sections (still to confirm):
- Panorama: a showcase of recent works of all genres (feature, animation, experimental, documentary), about many different issues from all around the world.
- Memòria: a selection of feature and documentary films produced before 1960. It is the section committed to showing and giving new life to the works of the pioneers.
- Monografia: a space for a themed retrospective dedicated to a filmmaker, a producer, an actress, focused on a country…
Films directed by one or more women.
Formats: 16mm, 35mm, Betacam SP.
Films must not be released in Spain nor shown on Spanish television.
The completed and signed entry form will be considered and engagement and must be sent back to Festival Office including:
- a preview VHS tape (PAL preferred)/DVD
- a synopsis of the film, in Spanish, French or English
- a bio-filmography of the director
- press reviews
Mostra Internacional de Films de Dones de Barcelona
c/ Sant Pere Mitjà, 66