The 12th edition of Unimovie – International Video and Short Film Festival – will take place in Pescara (Italy), from the 1st to the 4th of October 2008.
There are two competitive sections:
- International Short Films and Videos
- National Short Films and Videos
- Place and date: Pescara, Italy – 1st/4th of October 2008.
- Aims: Unimovie – international short film and video festival, is an event that promotes young authors of cinema.
- Festival sections: National Competition, International Competition for Short Films and videos, Reviews, Meetings, Special Events.
- National Competition: open to short films and videos made by Italian authors and released after the 1st of January 2006. Short fictions, documentaries, videos, animations, etc.
- Requisites for the National Competition: to be admitted in the selection, the short/video must be an Italian production and realised after the 1st of January 2006. A DVD PAL copy should be submitted for the selection preview.
- International Competition for short films and videos: open to short films and videos of every kind and genre (fiction, documentaries, animations, video art, experimental) with a particular attention to works that investigate new languages and to the production of cinema and art students, from all over the world.
- Requisites for the International Competition for short films and videos: the International Competition is open to any author. You don&8217;t need to be a student to enroll your work. The artistic direction will admit works coming from all over the world and released after the 1st of January 2006, in italian or english or subtitled in italian or english. A DVD PAL copy should be submitted for the selection preview.
- Jury, selections, prizes and enrollment: there will be maximum 15 finalist works for each competition. They will be chosen by the artistic direction which also takes the final decision about the section in which the works will be included. All works to be sent in by the 1st of July 2008. Works must be sent by ordinary post to the festival&8217;s p.o.box (casella postale). Forwarding and insurance charges are at entrant’s expense. The results of the selection will be published on the web site of Unimovie, within September.
Finalists will be judged by the festival jury that will announce the winners during the last day of screenings. The prizes (cash and/or services) will be given only in presence of the awarded author and/or of an official representative. Any news about the exact amount of the money prize on the Unimovie web site. The decisions of jury are final.
- Meetings, reviews and special events: the festival curators will dedicate part of the programme to widenings of authors and of topics of the making short films. Other national and international events will be invited to present selections from their programme.
- Festival archives: DVD copies will not be returned and will be kept in the festival archive for study purpose only and with the main object of promoting the festival. With the application form the author and/or the keepers of rights give permission to use the complete work for festival screenings, study purposes and promoting reviews (no broadcasting). Besides, the author and/or the keepers of rights authorize Unimovie to use excerpts of the work (max. 10%) to promote the festival by broadcasting. Please, specify on the application form if there are any obstacles to the release of this permission. Permission will be asked for any eventual other use.
- Screening standards: the selected works will be screened only on video (DVD, DVCAM, miniDV). Please no Betacam, no film reels.
- General rules: applications to join Unimovie entails an unconditional acceptance of these rules. Festival direction has right of decision about anything not specified in these regulations and about any eventual controversies. Rules of the competitions and application forms on the web site. For any controversy, refer to the Italian version of these rules.