Fourth New Media Art and Video Contest
Consejo Nacional para la Cultura y las Artes (conaculta), through Centro Multimedia of Centro Nacional de las Artes (cenart), calls on creatives related with artistic production and electronic media to participate in the Fourth New Media Art and Video Contest TRANSITIO_MX.
New Media Art and Video Festival TRANSITIO_MX is the most important platform in Mexico for the analysis and the expression of the contemporary art practices using technological media and digital culture.
In this occasion, the following prizes will be given:
- TRANSITIO_MX PRIZE
- First prize valued at $120,000.00 (One hundred and twenty-thousand Mexican Pesos 00/100)
- Second prize valued at $80,000.00 (Eighty thousand Mexican Pesos 00/100)
- Third prize valued at $60,000.00 (Sixty thousand Mexican Pesos 00/100)
- The honorable mentions the Jury considers pertinent.
- TRANSITIO_MX PRIZE FOR YOUNG MEXICAN ARTISTS.
- Prize valued at $40,000.00 (Forty-thousand Mexican Pesos 00/100)
- Honorable mentions the Jury considers pertinent.
The awards ceremony will take place within the New Media Art and Video Festival TRANSITIO_MX 04, to be celebrated through September 30 to October 9, 2011.
Conditions of Entry
- Mexican and international artists will be allowed to participate as well as associations and groups within the electronic and digital media artistic production active community, also hybrid productions generated in the crossroads between art, science, technology and society such as: interactive art, sound art, generative art, net.art, experimental video, performance art and manifestations or activities alike.
- Applicants for the TRANSITIO_MX Prize for Young Mexican Artists must be Mexican citizens, either based in Mexico or abroad, between 18 and 25 years old at the deadline date of the present competition call.
- Entrants will be allowed to compete for one prize only.
- A maximum of two artworks per artist or collective may be presented and should be postulated separately. If a member of a group also presents works as an individual, both entries will be annulled automatically.
- Registered artworks must have been concluded between 2009-2011 and be fully running and available for exhibition by the deadline date of the present competition call.
- Artworks must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be related with the electronic arts, either in a conceptual or technical manner.
- Must have interdisciplinary and/or experimental characteristics.
- The Festival theme is not a criteria for participation in this call.
- The Official languages for the competition will be Spanish and English. If works are in other languages, then should be subtitled or dubbed in either of the mentioned languages above.
- Works must be registered by their author. In case a work has been made by a collective, then, for liability issues, a group member must be assigned as the representative.
- If the art work is presented by an organization formally constituted as a Civil Society, it must be provided with the Clave Única de Registro (CLUNI), according with the establishments of the Ley Federal de Fomento a las Actividades Realizadas por Organizaciones de la Sociedad Civil. This applies only for organizations constituted in Mexico.
- No documents will be accepted if sent by fax or other sort of electronic device.
- Artworks by authors who belong to the Selection Committee are not elegible to participate. Also restricted from participating are the public servants that have direct or indirect affairs concerning the established terms of the 8th Article, fractions X, XIV and XXII from the Ley de Responsabilidades Administrativas de los Servidores Públicos, or from any other legislation relevant in range, Judges or their relatives or relationships in first or second grade.
- High or medium ranks from the Administrative Units will not be able to participate, nor entities and organisms coordinated by the Consejo Nacional para la Cultura y las Artes.
- The submission process will only be valid if all guidelines and procedures for submission are fulfilled.
- Applications that include altered or false documentation will be annulled. The responsible party will not be allowed to participate in any competition call from the Consejo Nacional para la Cultura y las Artes.
- By presenting the Submission Form signed, the entrants undertake their conformity with conditions of entry and guidelines of this competition call.
Guidelines and Procedure for Submission
- Submission should be applied online through the transitiomx.net and will be composed by the following stages:
- Register and carefully read the General conditions of entry and all the information about documentation requested according to the application.
- Fill the Submission Form. The system will allow to save the information and go back to the Submission Form as many times as required.
- Applicants who participate with two art works, it should be indicated at the beginning of the Submission Form registration, the system will give the option to submit two works.
- At the end of the registration, send the Submission Form. The system will automatically assign a folio number. Print Submission Form and sign it immediately.
- Deliver personally or send by express mail service, for each work, two print copies of the submission form letter-sized, no-seaming; each pair should go in similar letter-sized envelopes; in addition, send one copy in digital format of all required documentation to the Centro Multimedia facilities.
- Submission will be valid only if all requirements are fulfilled.
- Applications will be received at the Centro Multimedia facilities from the present competition call announcement until July 8, 2011 at 15:00 hrs.
- If documentation is sent through express mail service, it should be presented complete and taken into account that shipping should be managed by July 8, 2011 and will have to include the corresponding postmark. The festival will not accept any entries received after five business days of the deadline of this call, even with the postmark dated July 8, 2011.
- For international deliveries, the package must be clearly labeled as “Material cultural sin valor comercial”. THE FESTIVAL WILL NOT COVER POST OR CUSTOMS DUTY EXPENSES.