Fourth Open International Competition
The international competition TOWER KRONPRINZ: SECOND ADVENT is aimed at promoting among local population and professional artistic community the future residence of the National Centre for Contemporary Arts in Kaliningrad – a cultural and historical monument of the mid 19th century, fortress tower-redan “KRONPRINZ”.
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION:
The following projects are eligible for the competition: developed by Russian and international artists for implementation in the period from May to September 2009, newly created and never shown before, related to the tower KRONPRINZ and meant for demonstration on its territory.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
- Creative approach to the space of the tower KRONPRINZ, its actualisation and new artistic interpretation
- Novelty of the idea and visual solutions
- Relevance of the project to the conditions of the competition
- Realistic technical implementation
- Realistic budget
APPLICATIONS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED IN A FREE FROM IN RUSSIAN OR ENGLISH AND SHOULD NECESSARILY INDICATE:
- Name of the author, date of birth, CV, address, E-mail, phone.
- Project description (supplementary pictures, drawings, electronic images in jpg, mpeg, PC system are welcome. Each message should not exceed 1 Mb)
- Detailed budget
- Technical rider
APPLICATIONS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY
CONDITIONS FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROJECTS:
- Three artistic projects will be supported. They should be implemented in the period from May to September, 2009. Particular dates are to be discussed individually upon the selection procedure.
- Authors submitting projects should take present-day condition of the tower Kronprinz into consideration. Conservation and anti-damage works are currently underway and are to be continued in 2009. In the three-storey building ceilings have been preserved only between the ground and the first floor, there are no windows, which makes public access to the interior space of the building impossible. However, there is a possibility for working with the exterior space and appearance of the tower.
- Maximum amount of funds requested for materials for implementation of one project should not exceed equivalent to $2000.
- Additionally organisers cover travel, accommodation and meals for 6 days in Kaliningrad.
- Materials and travel expenses are to be paid by organisers directly. Money is not to be transferred to authors.
- Authors of the three selected projects come to Kaliningrad for setting up, taking part in preparation and opening. Set up should last no longer than 6 days. Authors of the projects selected for implementation receive fee equivalent to $500 per each artist.
- The organisers will provide part of equipment for implementation of the project. If necessary the equipment can be installed both inside (no access for audience, however) and outside the building.
- The results of the program will be presented in a bilingual edition (Russian, English) that is to be published in November 2009.
Kaliningrad Branch of the National Centre for Contemporary Arts
P/O Box 1582