The Mirror Stage - Call for texts
To accompany “The Mirror Stage”, NeMe plans a publcation which will include images from the participating videos as well as texts which will reflect on the state of the video medium.
This call is for texts, maximum length of 2000 words to be included in the publication.
To contribute to the ongoing discussion regarding video and its changing position in the arts and society.
The texts may focus on but not limited to the following topics:
- Video art today
- Video genres
- History of video
- Video and the changing Technological landscape
- Exhibiting video
- Archiving video
- Video – from the video maker’s perspective
- Collecting video art
- Video in the age of surveillance
A selection of the submitted texts will be published in “The Mirror Stage” catalogue and/or this website on the neme.org database. Authors may submit up to 5 separate texts for consideration.
English using either British or US spelling.
All texts will be reviewed by a NeMe committee consisting of
- Yiannis Colakides – Architect, video maker, LABS reviewer, founding member of NeMe
- Helene Black – Artist, video maker, founding member of NeMe
- Dr Antonis Danos – Art History lecturer, Cyprus University of Technology
- Dr Christos Barboutis – Communications lecturer, Cyprus University of Technology
The decision of the committee will be final.
Copyright belongs to the individual authors who maintain the right to publish their submitted texts elsewhere, both on and off line.
- 17 March 2008 – Call
2030 May 2008 – Submissions deadline 2025 August 2008 – announcement of selected texts
- 17 September 2008 – Launching of Publication to coincide with the opening of “The Mirror Stage”
- 1 October 2008 – Posting of publication to all accepted writers and participating video makers
- Text – up to 2000 words
- Short bio, maximum 200 words – will be published with the accepted text(s)
Only texts submitted by email will be accepted. Please use pdf, doc or txt formats.
The texts should contain no images unless the author holds the copyright.