The ABoT project : Artist Competition and Mobile Museum
To create more public awareness for the book as an independent genre of art production, the EU-funded project “Artists’ Books on Tour – Artist Competition and Mobile Museum” was launched in June 2010 by the MAK / Contemporary Art (Vienna) with the MGLC (Ljubljana) and the UPM (Prague). The core activities of the project cover.
- the implementation of a competition among European artists
- the evaluation of the results by an international jury awarding the best submissions
- the presentation of selected works in a “Mobile Museum” touring several European cities
In order to bring visibility to contemporary developments in the field of artists’ books, we offer artists a platform to share their work within a unique all-European competition among book artists for the first time ever. We therefore invite artists to hand in their recent or planned art projects in the field: submissions will be accepted as completed physical or digital book objects or in the form of conceptual designs for projected but yet-unrealized book works. Outstanding works will be awarded a grant given by an international jury.
- Registration: December 1st, 2010 – February 28th, 2011
- Submission: December 1st, 2010 – May 2nd, 2011 (postmark)
- Jury session: June 2011
- Realization of winning concepts: July – September 30th, 2011
- ABoT Award Nite in Vienna: October 11th, 2011
Artists of any age who live and work in Europe are eligible to enter the contest. Artist collectives may also apply. Please note that teams have to name one contact person (in the ONLINE APPLICATION) and will be treated as a single person in the event of winning a prize (prize money will only be paid once).