Tbilisi International Film Festival 8
Call for submissions
The aim of the film festival is to promote new film and inform both the general public and the professional public in Georgia about the situation of the world cinema.
The film festival starts on December 3th and lasts until December 9th, 2007. Tbilisi – the capital of Georgia will be the host of the festival.
- International Competition for feature films.
- Forum of European Cinema
- Horizons (films from Asia, Africa and America)
- Georgian Panorama
- Conferences, Panel Discussions, Round Tables
- Special Events
12 films, dealing with the problems of young generation will be selected for the International Competition.
This year for the first time festival organizers has decided to include the first or the second film of young directors in the competition, therefore encouraging them with prize moneys.
- Films submitted must be 35 mm features at least 60 min. in length.
- Production must be completed after 01.01.2005.
- The final decision for selection and scheduling will be taken by the Selection Committee.
- Films in the competition will be judged by an International Jury.
- Jury awards:
- Golden Prometheus (Best Film)
- Silver Prometheus (Best Director)
- In addition, different organizations will offer their own prizes.
- The directors of the films admitted to the competition will be invited to the festival for 6 days.
- Deadline for entering a film is September 25th, 2007
Submitting A FILM:
- A filled in Entry Form
- A preview copy of the film (preferably subtitles in English, German or Russian)
- Synopsis amd stills of the film, photo and bio-filmography of the director
- The text of the film in the original language and (of available) subtitles in English.
Costs of sending the film in competition to the festival is to be paid by the sender. The festival will be responsible to return the film. A copy of a selected film must be received by the festival office by October 25th, 2007.
The festival will insure the print from the moment they are received to the moment they are collected by the forwarding agent.
Should a print be lost or damaged, the festival&8217;s responsibility extends only the value indicated on the Entry Form. If the entrant does not send the Entry Form to the festival office before September 25th, 2007, the print will be assessed by the insurance company at US$2000.
Tbilisi International Film Festival
164, David Agmashenebeli av.
phone: (+995 32) 34 29 75
fax: (+995 32) 34 28 97