The Simultan Festival is an annual festival for video, media art, experimental music and a/v projects.
The festival wishes to sustain and to stimulate the creative ways of the most modern visions of perceiving and recording the cultural realities in contemporary art. It presents the current processes and the way in which technology and society give rise to new forms of artistic expression by using the new media.
Based on a different theme every year, the festival presents video art projections, music live performances, interdisciplinary works, installations, lectures.
This year’s edition runs under the theme imaginary and will take place between 6-8 Oct. 2011, in Timisoara, Romania.
TERMS OF ENTRY
Those interested may apply with a maximum number of 2 works; each of them must not exceed 10 minutes in length, in the following categories:
- video art, experimental video
- motion graphics and experimental animation
- generative video based on sound and image manipulation – programmed data visualization
Works must be sent in avi or quicktime format, with dv-pal compression (4:3 or 16:9) and 48kh sound, on data DVD.
Works will be submitted by mail, together with:
- the filled in and signed application form – a separate copy for each work (in hard copy and in digital version – on the DVD)
- 3-4 still images from each video, in jpg format – minimum size 720×576 pixels – on the DVD)
- a CV and a photo of the artist (optional)
The application form in Word/ text format must also be sent by e-mail to: application[at]simultan.org
Warning: we will not consider applications which do not include all the above elements!
Address for submissions:
Asociatia Simultan / OP.1 – CP.296, Timisoara, Romania
All works will be watched and selected by a jury. Only those accepted will become part of the festival screening programme. The decision of the jury is final.
- all selected works may be used in other presentations or partner events with the aim of promoting the Simultan Festival, but not for commercial purposes.
- submitted works will not be returned, but stored in the Simultan Association archive.
- the organisers reserve the right to make changes in the program.
- no entry fee!