Simultan intended to offer a platform for the new generations of artists and young cultural producers. The event aims to promote the activity of young artists and of those who belong to the contemporary movement, through introducing and presenting the current processes and the most innovating and revolutionary tendencies in video and soud.
The event is open to all artists (groups of artists) working with video image and not only.Those who are interested may apply, without any restrictions concerning the theme, with a maximum number of 3 works (movie, animation, vj loop), each no longer than 100 seconds.
• before the movie, there should be 10 seconds blank.
• the works must be sent in a quicktime(preferable) format or microsoft avi 720x576 with compresion dv-pal and sound of 48kh, on CD/DVD (data) or mini-dv tape.
For each video, the participant is to fill in an application form, which is to contain a short description of the video, a CV and a photo of the artist for the catalogue.
Applications can be downloaded from their web site at http://www.simultan.org
All works will be seen and selected by a jury.
There will be a simultan event catalogue published- with CD or DVD.
Each selected participant will receive this catalogue by the end of 2005.
The festival entry is free.
The deadline for submitting the works is May 10th, 2005 (postmark).
The works and applications should be sent at:
OP.1 - CP.341, Timisoara, Romania
(please send aplication also by e-mail to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the festival please contact:
Simultan organization - Str.Telegrafului D15/1,
300125 Timisoara, Romania
phone: +40 0740300806,
Deadline10 May 2005
Latest Blog posts
- Women in Conflict Zones-book presentation
- Garrett Lynch
- Respublika publication
- Free and Open Source Technologies, Arts and Commoning Practices
- Self as Actor: Colonising identity
- Self as actor: final list of participants
- Call for Contributions MoneyLab #6
- Call for Contributions VideoVortex XII
- James Bridle @ NeMe