We are calling for submissions of art projects for the Setouchi Triennale that make use of regional resources and discover the charms of the many islands. We would like for submissions to be site specific and utilize the unique characteristics of each exhibition site.
- Site-specific works
- Works using the piers
- Works with the theme of the island’s nature and history
- Works using the alleys and streets
- Works using the island’s vacant house
- Site-specific performances and events (projects including residency available as their theme.)
- Food project (using local ingredients and containing collaboration with local people.)
- Other: Open proposals
Concerning the venue of the 2016 Triennale, please refer to the “Overview of the Setouchi Triennale 2016 “ “About Art Setouchi” on the official website.
The specific sites for the art projects will be determined by the ExecutiveCommittee Office, based on the plans proposed by the applicants.
Applicant Qualification:Any person that understands the aims of the Setouchi Triennale.
Application Period:Tuesday, February 24, 2015 through Tuesday, 10 March.
Applications must arrive no later than 17h00 on the 10 March. Bringing them in person is not allowed.
Number of Selected Proposals:10 to 40 (the number of selection is subject to circumstances)
Application Procedures:Please prepay the application fee, and submit the documents that are stipulated in this guideline.
Application Fee: 1,000 yen (per plan)