SCULPTURES ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRY
All types, forms and sizes of sculpture in all materials are eligible for entry to Sculpture by the Sea. The exhibition site can accommodate the largest to the smallest sculpture, however when submitting works artists are required to consider safety, ease of installation and removal, the environment and the ability of their work to withstand sun, extremely strong wind, rain, salt spray and playful children climbing on the sculpture.
Sites are available along the coastal walk from Tamarama Park to the steps at the end of Notts Avenue, including Tamarama Beach and Café; rock platforms; garden beds; cliff tops; the park areas at Tamarama and Marks Park; and the sea.
Please note, artists wishing to install sculptures in the sea are required to complete a further agreement to meet additional safety and installation requirements. The essence of the agreement to exhibit in the sea is that the artist is responsible for the installation of their work; its maintenance and removal at short notice in the event of forecasted big seas.
ARTIST AWARDS AND SUBSIDIES
- The Sculpture by the Sea Prize of $30,000;
- The Clitheroe Foundation Mentor Program of $10,000 for 3 selected emerging Australian artists and their mentors;
- 3 subsidies of $4000 for artists of ephemeral and site specific sculptures that by their nature are unlikely to be sold;
- Return economy class airfares to Sydney for 5 overseas artists;
- Return economy class airfares to Sydney for 5 interstate artists.
Only one work per artist will be pre-selected and no entry fees are refundable.
The entry fees are:
- General entry fee is $40 inclusive of GST for the first proposal;
- Concession entry fee is $25 inclusive of GST per proposal. Those eligible include full time students, the unemployed and health care card holders (please provide proof of eligibility, a photocopy of your card will suffice);
- Additional entries. Artists may enter up to 3 works for consideration. For every additional work entered a fee of $25 and another entry form is required.