Prospectives '12 International Festival of Digital Art
Call For Proposals: Exhibit, Netart, Perform, Project/Sound, Present, Street!
Prospectives ’12 International Festival of Digital Art highlights the work of graduate and Phd candidates working across all disciplines utilizing experimental digital media in their creative endeavours.
Prospectives ’12, the third iteration of our festival, breaks down into six interrelated events/venues:
- Exhibit (A one month group exhibition at the Sheppard Fine Arts Gallery, UNR)
- Netart (discrete internet based artworks highlighted through the festival website and accessible at the exhibit venue)
- Perform (A one night event of performances and screenings at The Nevada Museum of Art, Wayne and Miriam Prim Theater)
- Project/sound (An evening of projected, full-dome and standard formatted video and performances/playback of electro-acoustic and sound works at The Fleischman Planetarium, UNR – mono, stereo, and 5.1 surround sound capable)
- Present (A day long symposium of poster sessions and paper presentations)
- Street (Temporary, street level works situated in and around Reno)
If you are enrolled or were enrolled in a graduate or Phd program in 2012, working creatively in and across disciplines focused on digital technologies in your creative practice, you are eligible and encouraged to submit an application!
Creative practitioners working in all visual and performative media incorporating digital systems, including but not limited to: interactive art, robotics, movement/dance, computer gaming, net art, culture-jamming, full-dome video/animation, generative systems, social practice, electronic sculpture, locative media, augmented reality, electronic music/audio art, experimental theater, performance art, telematics, electro-acoustics, sound art, etc. are invited to apply. Collaborations and works-in-progress are welcome and encouraged.
A limited number of travel/accommodation grants are available and will be awarded by the festival jurors.
- Joseph DeLappe, Festival Director, Head, Digital Media Area, Department of Art/UNR
- Erik Burke, Independent Artist, Reno, Nevada
- Cari K. Cunningham, Associate Professor, Department of Theater and Dance, UNR
- JoAnne Northrup, Director of Contemporary Art Initiatives, Nevada Museum of Art
- Jean-Paul Perrotte, Electronic Music Composer and Lecturer, Department of Music, UNR
- Dan Ruby, Associate Director, Fleischmann Planetarium/UNR
- Dr. Marji Vecchio, Director, Sheppard Fine Arts Gallery/UNR
- Appropriate documentation of your work, choose one of the following:
- Video: DVD (NTSC, any region), video on a data DVD (.mov or .avi)
- Powerpoint (please limit to five slides of the work)
- URL (provide specific website address for the proposed work)
- Audio: Playable CD, audio on data CD/DVD (.wav stereo – Fleischmann Planetarium is )
- Please create one document to include:
- a 200 word maximum description of your work/proposal, specify the event(s) to which you are applying (Exhibit, Present, Perform, Project/Sound, Street)
- name and contact info of graduate committee chair/advisor
- inform us of any technical requirements and/or equipment necessary to show or otherwise feature your work and what you might be able to provide in this regard. (.pdf or word)
- A separate file that is your CV/resume (.pdf or word)
- Please label/save/mark your documentation clearly as LAST NAME/FIRST NAME – CATEGORY (e.g.: Exhibit, Present, Perform, Project/Sound, Street)