Since 1987, the Prix Ars Electronica has served as an interdisciplinary platform for everyone who uses the computer as a universal medium for implementing and designing their creative projects at the interface of art, technology and society.
- To participate in the Prix Ars Electronica, you must register online and submit all mandatory information online.
- A work may be entered in only one category. An artist may submit more than one work.
- In addition to the general entry details and rules, special entry rules apply to each individual category (see category descriptions).
- Entrants are requested not to submit irreplaceable originals since submitted materials cannot be returned.
- Works submitted without the required accompanying material will not be accepted.
- An entry confirmation will be sent out via e-mail as soon as all required documentation has been received.
- A submission is complete and formally entered in the competition only if all information has been entered online and the submission has been finalized online.
- Employees of the organizers, sponsors and patrons of the Prix Ars Electronica, staff members of organizations that have established and endowed an individual category, as well as the competition’s jurors are ineligible to participate.
Works can be nominated online for prize consideration in the individual competition categories until March 02, 2012.
Nominations are recommendations; thus, nominated projects are not automatically entered in the competition. The nominated artists will be contacted by the organizer before the jury convenes. Then, projects must be formally submitted by the artists themselves prior to the entry deadline and in accordance with all competition criteria in order to be entered in the competition.
- Computer Animation / Film / VFX
- Interactive Art
- Digital Musics & Sound Art
- Hybrid Art
- Digital Communities
- [the next idea] voestalpine Art and Technology Grant