- To participate in the Prix Ars Electronica, you must register online and submit all mandatory information online.
- A work may be entered in only one category. An artist may submit more than one work.
- In addition to the general entry details and rules, special entry rules apply to each individual category (see category descriptions).
- Entrants are requested not to submit irreplaceable originals since submitted materials cannot be returned.
- Works submitted without the required accompanying material will not be accepted.
- An entry confirmation will be sent out via e-mail as soon as all required documentation has been received.
- A submission is complete and formally entered in the competition only if all information has been entered online and the submission has been finalized online.
- Employees of the organizers, sponsors and patrons of the Prix Ars Electronica, staff members of organizations that have established and endowed an individual category, as well as the competition’s jurors are ineligible to participate.
Works can be nominated online for prize consideration in the individual competition categories until March
18 30, 2011.
Nominations are recommendations; thus, nominated projects are not automatically entered in the competition. The nominated artists will be contacted by the organizer before the jury convenes. Then, projects must be formally submitted by the artists themselves prior to the entry deadline and in accordance with all competition criteria in order to be entered in the competition.
May 5 to 8, 2011
Winners of Golden Nicas, Awards of Distinction and Honorary Mentions will be notified before end of May. In the interest of all entrants, we request that the entrant (or a representative named by him/her) be available during the period when winners will be notified at the address etc. specified in the entry form.
The Prix Ars Electronica 2011 awards presentation will take place during the Ars Electronica Festival 2011 in Linz.
Winners of Golden Nicas and Awards of Distinction must make a commitment to accepting their awards in person and to presenting their works at the Prix Ars Electronica Forum, an artist symposium. Groups and institutions are requested to nominate a representative to fulfill this commitment. As guests of Ars Electronica, winners will receive complementary hotel and economy class airline tickets for their trip to Linz.
Ars Electronica Linz GmbH
4040 Linz, Austria