New Media Art Festival
Artists and art collectives from all countries working with new media and digital technologies that include work in traditional media as long as it may fit conceptually in the exhibition are invited to submit proposals of existing or new projects.
- Gülsen Bal and BridA / Tom Kerševan
- Sendi Mango
- Jurij Pavlica
About 12th edition of Pixxelpoint 2011
Title: LETS GET READY…
Submission Guidelines: all applicants should fill the entry form and send it online along with the proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In conjunction with the exhibitions, we are planning to run a series of talks/round table discussions as well as workshops.
Information about the talks/round table discussions and workshops will be announced timely.
A catalogue will be published featuring the Pixxelpoint 2011 with an introduction notes by curatorial team.
A judging panel will chose the award winner which will be announced during the festival.
- Vuk Ćosić – new media artist, pioneer of net.art, Ljubljana.
- Charles Esche – curator, writer and director of the Van Abbemuseum, Eindhoven.
- Ida Hiršenfelder – freelance art critic, also collaborates with Radio Študent, Dnevnik and Center for Contemporary Arts – SCCA, Ljubljana.
- Tevž Logar – artistic director of Škuc gallery, Ljubljana.
- Franz Thalmair – curator, writer and co-founded the collective CONT3XT.NET. currently managing curator at the Secession, Vienna.
Pixxelpoint 2011 New Media Art Festival Dates:
- Deadline for the initial proposal submission: 10th June 2011 and the results of the process and invitations for Pixxelpoint 2011 will be announced in early days of September.
- Official opening: 2nd of December 2011.
- series of exhibition,
- video screening,
- workshops for children,
- talks/round table discussions.