Piksel is an international event for artists and developers working with Free/Libre and Open Source technologies in artistic practice. It is organized in Bergen, Norway,and involves participants from more than a dozen countries exchanging ideas, coding, presenting art and software projects, doing workshops, performances and discussions on the aesthetics and politics of free technologies, free culture & art.
This year Piksel celebrates the 10th anniversary with a series of events throughout the year culminating in the PIKSEL[X] festival in November.
open CALL for PROJECTS
For the exhibition and other parts of the program we currently look for projects in the following categories:
- Projects to be included in the exhibitions.
- The works must be realized by the use of free and open source technologies.
- Audiovisual performance
- Live art realized by the use of free software and/or open/DIY hardware.
- Innovative DIY/open hardware and audiovisual software tools or software art released under a free/open license. (Also includes presentations of artistic projects realized using free/open technologies.)
- Hands on workshops utilizing free software and/or open/DIY hardware for artistic use.
- Video and software art based on the screensaver format – short audiovisual (non)narratives made for endless looping. Possible thematic fields includes but are not limited to: sustainable resource allocation, renewable technologies, energy harvesting, fair trade hardware, free content, open access, DIY economy, shared development.
- The works must be realized by the use of free/open source technologies.
Please use the online submit form or send documentation material – preferably as a URL to online documentation with images/video to piksel12 (AT) piksel.no
PIKSEL[X] is organized in cooperation with Galleri 3,14, KNIPSU and USF. Supported by the Municipality of Bergen, Arts Council Norway, PNEK and others.