Piksel is an international event for artists and developers working with Free/Libre and Open Source technologies in artistic practice. It is organized in Bergen, Norway,and involves participants from more than a dozen countries exchanging ideas,coding, presenting art and software projects, doing workshops, performances and discussions on the aesthetics and politics of free technologies, free culture & art.
For the exhibition and other parts of the program we currently seek projects in the following categories:
- Projects to be included in the exhibitions.
- The works must be realized by the use of free and open source technologies.
- Audiovisual performance
- Live art realized by the use of free software and/or open/DIY hardware.
- Innovative DIY/open hardware and audiovisual software tools or software art released under a free/open license. (Also includes presentations of artistic projects realized using free/open technologies.)
- Hands on workshops utilizing free software and/or open/DIY hardware for artistic use.
- Screensavers that makes a difference!
- Video and software art based on the screensaver format – short audiovisual (non)narratives made for endless looping.
- The works must be realized by the use of free/open source technologies.