Piksel is an international event for artists and developers working with Free and Open Source technologies in artistic practice. Part workshop, part festival, it is organized in Bergen, Norway,and involves participants from more than a dozen countries exchanging ideas, coding, presenting art and software projects, doing workshops, performances and discussions on the aesthetics and politics of free technologies & art.
open call for projects for the exhibition and other parts of the programme Piksel currently seeks projects in the following categories:
- Projects to be included in the exhibitions. The works must be realised by the use of free and open source technologies.
- Audiovisual performance
- Live art realised by the use of free software and/or open/DIY hardware.
- Innovative DIY/open hardware and audiovisual software tools or software art released under a free/open licence. (Also includes presentations of artistic projects realised using free/open technologies.)
- Hands on workshops utilising free software and/or open/DIY hardware for artistic use.
- Urban Interventions
- Pikselert NovemberNatt is a specially curated project involving visual interventions in selected parts of the Bergen urban environment. We look for surface projections or media facade projects using video mapping or similar techniques to recontextualize the urban landscape. All parts of the projects must be realised using free and open source technologies.