The Piksel Festival is organized for the eight time
November 18th-21th 2010. The Call for Projects is now open:
Piksel is an international event for artists and developers working with Free/Libre and Open Source technologies in artistic practice. Part workshop, part festival, it is organised in Bergen, Norway,and involves participants from more than a dozen countries exchanging ideas, coding, presenting art and software projects, doing workshops, performances and discussions on the aesthetics and politics of FLOSS & art.
This years event – Piksel10 – continues the exploration of free/libre and open source technologies and it’s myriad of expressions.
Piksel10 is done in collaboration with Gallery 3,14 eho will host this years exhibition, Bergen Kunstmuseum hosting the presentations and panels, Landmark and USF hosting the evening events.
open CALL for PROJECTS
For the exhibition and other parts of the programme we currently seek projects in the following categories:
- Installations: Projects to be included in the exhibition at Galleri 3,14. The works must be programmed by and running on free and open source software and/or open/DIY hardware.
- Audiovisual performance: Live art realised by the use of free and open source software. We specially encourage live coding and open/DIY hardware projects to apply.
- Presentations: Innovative DIY hardware and audiovisual software tools or software art released under an open licence. (Also includes presentations of artistic projects realised using these technologies.)
- Workshops: Hands on workshops utilising free software and/or open/DIY hardware for artistic use.
How to submit a proposal
The process is as follows:
- “Log in or register as a new user and choose ‘Author’ as account type to be able to submit proposals.
- Make sure your bio is up to date. It can be edited under the My Profile link.
- Choose ‘proposal submission’ in the right menu to start the project registration.
- Register rlevant info and the project description as an abstract. It should include links to online documentation of the project and specific info on the software/hardware used to realise the work.
- In the next step you can upload additional documentation material. Please add technical riders and promo images here.
- Click through the ‘confirmation’ step to make sure your proposal has been registered correctly.