Paris Human Rights International Film Festival
The 12th edition of the Paris Human Rights International Film Festival will be held in the course of March 2014. You can now submit your film online.
PRESENTATION & MISSION
The Paris Human Rights International Film Festival promotes each year a selection of the best documentaries on human rights issues. Dedicated to promote the creative documentary, the Festival is paying attention equally to artistic value as well as human rights content. Every screening will be followed by Q&As with directors and/or other specialists (academic, journaliste, civil society members…). The Festival is today renown as the most prominent cultural event on human rights in France. Its 12th edition will be held in the course of March 2014.
During the past few years, the Festival has grown in several territories : Paris, Ile-de-France (Pantin, Creteil, Montreuil, Ris-Orangis), in France (Strasbourg, Nantes, Metz, La Reunion, Provence, Toulouse & Midi-Pyrénées, Gard, Gironde, Haute-Savoie and Pays Basque) and internationally (Togo, République centrafricaine, Cameroun, Madagascar et Tunisie). In addition to this geographical development, the Festival has worked through several activities to allow more access to these films : video production workshops for groups of young people, screenings and Q&As in prison, master class, book fair, round table discussion…
By submitting your film to the Festival, you contribute supporting its dynamism, pluralism and development. Thank you!
SECTIONS & PRIZES
Two sections will be presented for this 12th edition : In Competition and Out of Competition.
Films selected In Competition could receive one or more prizes awarded by different Jurys:
- Official Jury : Grand Prix and Special Jury Prize.
- Student Jury : Grand Prix and Special Jury Prize.
- High school students and apprentices Jury : High school students and apprentices Prize
- Fleury-Merogis Detention Center Jury : Grand Prix.
- UNHCR Jury : Grand Prix.
The awards will be presented at the closing ceremony of the festival.
The submission process will take place in three phases:
- Read and accept the rules and regulations.
- Complete and approve the submission form.
- Once the submission form has been filled out, a confirmation email will be sent to the participant. If the submission meets our requirements and the film synopsis matches with the Festival artistic criteria, we will watch the video link (by filling SCREENER and PASSWORD in the LINKS section of the submission form) or we will ask you for the DVD to be sent (the postal address will be send you at that time).
Information about the submission
- The film must have been produced after January 1, 2012.
- The submission deadline is September 18, 2013.
- The submission is free of charge.
- The Festival is programming only documentary films.
- The feature documentaries must last a minimum of 52 minutes. There is no maximum duration limit.
- The short documentaries must last a maximum of 20 minutes.
- For the selection process, the film will be watched in French, French subtitled, English or English subtitled version only.
- A notification of selection will be sent to the participant in the course of January 2014.
Thank you in advance for your participation!