onedotzero - adventures in motion
onedotzero_adventures in motion is one of the few truly international showcases of innovative talent where it is entirely free for creatives to submit their work, offering the opportunity for new and existing talents to gain global audiences and recognition for their artistry.
onedotzero seeks explorations of new creative expression, visionary moving image and progressive visual ideas from three key disciplines:
- animation + short film renowned for uncovering the most innovative and exciting moving image work from all over the world, onedotzero continues to champion digitally inflected works across music video, animation, motion graphics, narrative shorts, experimental, documentary and generative art on a global platform.
- installation: expanding out from the cinema, into the art gallery and beyond, to expose cutting-edge urban interventions, compelling interactive experiences and engaging audio-visual installation. both existing work and proposals for new projects will be considered. consider the technical delivery in your ideas.
- live audio-visual performance: onedotzero has a passion for narrative driven live cinematica, explosive vj sets and intoxicating collaborations between musicians and artists.
core programmes central to our ethos; explorations of new creative expression, visionary moving image and progressive visual ideas. categories that are open to submissions include, and may expand to:
- wow + flutter: the vital force and driving impulse of onedotzero, the pioneering home for exploring motion graphics, motion typography, visual code, processing, animation, enhanced digital and short experimental works.
- wavelength: dedicated to exploring innovative and visually progressive music videos, including rarely screened promos and unofficial versions.
- extended play: a select international programme of critically acclaimed, digitally inflected short films and animations, which extend way beyond the boundaries of traditional storytelling and style
- j-star: the latest survey of music videos, motion graphics and shorts from some of japans finest moving image-makers and young talent.
- terrain: evocative artist interpretations of all types of terrain and environments, real and imagined, from surreal urban worlds to the mutation of natural landscapes. featuring futuristic dystopian visions, and architectural explorations that highlight our ever changing world and the encroachment of the city as mankinds habitat of choice.
- shifting identities: continuing explorations into the overarching festival theme of citystates, onedotzero particularly seeks work that explores the ideas of our shared future city and societys evolving and shifting urban identity.
- craftwork: in an age driven by digital culture, many have returned to a more hand-crafted approach. directors of adverts, music promos, idents for broadcast and independent shorts alike have noticeably begun to draw upon the homemade in both stop motion and 3d motion work.
unit 212c curtain house, 134-146 curtain rd
ec2a 3ar London
fax: +44 20 7729 0057