onedotzero – adventures in motion
onedotzero are seeking innovative short films, installations, interactive work and live audiovisual performances to showcase at the bfi southbank, london, uk, 10-14 november 2010. the five-day festival is the first stop on onedotzero’s extensive worldwide network of events.
onedotzero_adventures in motion has been the largest dedicated digital short film festival in the world since 1999. over fourteen years the programme has expanded to embrace a wide range of digital motion arts and is acclaimed by artists, audiences and creative industries alike for providing a platform to explore new ideas and fresh innovation through curated compilation screenings, features, exhibitions, live av performances, club nights, presentations and panel discussions.
what to submit
onedotzero seeks submissions of new work, which demonstrates innovative creative expression and visionary moving image ideas from the following disciplines:
animation + short form
renowned for uncovering exciting moving image work from all over the world, onedotzero continues to champion progressive work of under 30 minutes across music video, animation, motion graphics, narrative shorts, artists moving image, documentary and generative art.
to compliment the curated shorts programme onedotzero seek feature-length work with an alternative aesthetic and distinctive directorial approach for the big screen.
live audio-visual performances
onedotzero has a passion for presenting narrative driven live cinema, original vj sets and unexpected collaborations between musicians and artists. onedotzero can only schedule a limited amount of live shows at the london festival, but also curate live av projects year round as part of the international tour.
onedotzero is keen to receive submissions of engaging audiovisual installation and compelling interactive experiences. both existing work and proposals for new projects will be considered. please provide details of the technical delivery in your ideas.
the core programmes that remain central to onedotzeros ethos are:
- wow + flutter: onedotzero, the pioneering home for exploring motion graphics, motion typography, visual code, processing, animation, digital and short experimental works.
- wavelength: dedicated to exploring visually progressive, music-driven moving image and music videos, including rarely screened promos and unofficial versions.
- extended play: a select international narrative-driven programme of short films and animations with unique visual style, which extend beyond the boundaries of traditional storytelling.
- plus many more still to be confirmed!
this year, the festival programme will also reach out to explore the following new themes:
- utopia: this years festival theme takes a utopian approach. in the past, when we pondered about the future, our visions were largely optimistic. the future was going to be a wonderful place, full of bright, new ideas and technology benefiting social harmony. the future is now here, however there is a propensity for doom and gloom. onedotzero wants the theme of utopia to bring a sense of adventure, hope and positivity about our future world to the festival! what is your vision of a better future?
- code warriors: creatives are increasingly using computer code as a raw material to create generative, fluid and self-perpetuating moving image. this brand-new new programme will showcase the most imaginative examples of work in this field.
- robotica: onedotzero has always been rather partial to our mechanical friends of the future, demonstrated over the years in the festival programming. we are now seeking robot-themed or inspired shorts, which explore the ethics and potential social effects of a world shared with robots or androids.
how to submit
it is really easy to submit, just follow these three simple steps:
- “download the submission form
- fill in all of the fields clearly and sign the form.
- send your completed submissions form to onedotzero, along with a playable dvd or a vimeo link to your work.
*this year vimeo are helping us to make submitting your work to onedotzero easier than ever. instead of sending work on dvd you can now upload it to vimeo and include the link on your submission form. if you wish your video to remain private simply choose to password protect it, but please ensure onedotzero’s programming team have access to watch your work until 10 november 2010.
full details about how to submit and how to upload your films to vimeo can be found on the web site
please note that by submitting work you agree to onedotzeros festival terms and conditions. work without a signed submissions form may not be considered.