OFFF is presenting the fifth edition of the international digital art and electronic music festival. These are the main novelties for this edition:
• OFFF returns to Barcelona, more precisely to the CCCB (Centro de Cultura Contemporánea de Barcelona). After celebrating its latest event in the city of Valencia, for this fifth edition the festival will be returning to the city that witnessed its birth, exhibiting to its ever wished ideal space.
• The Roots section will count with the presence of Yugo Nakamura, one of the most prestigious international digital designers. In his first visit in Spain he will be showcasing a two-hour conference-session to hopefully satisfy the curiosity of a great number of his fans. Other interesting highlights will be the joint session featuring the brilliant artists Amit Pitaru and James Paterson; and a presentation of the mythic graphic designer Neville Brody to close the program on Thursday 12th.
• Showplace, OFFF’s exhibition area, will be showcasing one of the most interesting selections of digital art so far. Among others, there will be pieces from Jared Tarbell, Soda, Le Ciel Est Bleu, The Dept of Notation and the highly expected installation named "On Growth and Form" from the European designer of year 2004, Danny Brown.
• Furthermore these will be some of the exclusive launches at OFFF 05: the latest DVD from the US design studio WeWorkForThem titled "Finding Eutaw and North", as well as the OFFF 05 promotional video, carried out exclusively by the Dutch graphic designer Joost Korngold. The Korngold video will be opening the fifth edition of the Festival on Thursday 12th at noon (12.00).
• The OFFF attendees will also be able to check out the finalists of the fifth OFFF Film Festival in the Cinexin area, as well as the animated graphical saga Broken Saints, a 12-hour story that has been a real narrative revolution within the animation field. The work of Tronic Studio, from the States, will be shown as well. This studio has been standing out in the field of motiongraphics. The Cuban artist Crankbunny will be also represented with an audio-visual retrospective exhibition of her work.
• Of course, there will also be Spanish presence in the festival. Among others OFFF has invited DoubleYou, Robot UA, ZNKdojo from Madrid and coming from Valencia the studio Inklude (who have carried out the website of OFFF 05).
• In their section for new talents – Openroom – they especially highlight the presence of subATAK with their musical composition "OPUS-1 para bajo y dos gameboys en mi menor" (OPUS-1 for bass and two gameboys in Mi Minor); the electronic art of Julie Freeman from the UK; a technical chat over Flash in cellphones coming from Palaueb & Eyeclipse; or the brilliant design from the Nitrocorp, from Mexico.
• OFFF will be recovering the professional Workshops which will be held in the mornings and will be lasting about 4 hours. Among other speakers they especially welcome the British TOMATO team. These workshops have a limited number of participants that require a previous registration.