2008 will see the 5th anniversary of Ocean Pixel, and this is your opportunity to be part of it. Submissions are now being called for from digital artists whom wish to showcase their work.
The final venues for the festival are to be confirmed, although we can announce that Hanger Farm Arts Centre and The Art House will be part of the event.
Exhibition submission criteria
Artists or groups wishing to submit work for the exhibition must provide the following information:
- Current CV, inclusive of an ‘artist profile’.
- Written proposal (maximum of 1000 words). Tell us about the piece(s) of work you are submitting.
- Visual representations (images on CD are preferred, however this is not essential).
- The dimensions of your piece(s).
- Any technical requirements / specifications the piece(s) may require.
There is no strict format to follow when entering, please submit a proposal in a format that you feel best explains your work and concerns.
If you require your proposal to be returned, please provide a stamped addressed envelope.
No funding is available to commission new works.
All media and works submitted will be considered.
Media can include, for example:
Video / installation / print / performance / sculpture / interactive / illustration / computer based music
All proposals submitted will be considered. A panel will select the works to be exhibited. The decision of the panel is final.
- Submissions must be received by 29.04.08
- You will be informed of the panel’s decision by 04.05.08
- You must be able to deliver your work to Southampton by 31.05.08 (subject to change)
- You will be required to aid the promotion of the event through assisting in raising awareness through your own database or artistic networks. Promotional material will be supplied to you in order for this to be achieved.
- You must be prepared to have your ‘artist profile’ featured as part of the advertising campaign, should the organisers deem it necessary.
- The dates of the festival will be confirmed in due course.
Event dates: June 2008
All proposals should be sent to either:
Hanger Farm Arts Centre
Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org