Milano Film Festival 2010
International Feature and Short Film Competitions
- The call for entries for the fifteenth Milano Film Festival will open from January 31st, 2010. All applicants for the international feature or short film competitions will have to fill in the online submission form and send a DVD copy of the film, in a dvd box case, within the following 48 hours.
- The feature film competition is open to first and second films of any genre, language, format and running time, provided that they were completed after January 1st, 2009. The works will not be divided into categories.
- The short film competition is open to films of any genre, language, format and running time, provided that they were completed after January 1st, 2009. The works will not be divided into categories.
- The maximum running time for short films is 45 minutes. Works longer than 45 minutes are considered feature films. The Milano Film Festival will discuss borderline cases with the filmmakers/producers.
- In order to enter the competition, submission forms and film copies must be sent to the Milano Film Festival address by May 31st, 2010. The Milano Film Festival reserves the right to anticipate the deadline if too many films are submitted.
- Each filmmaker can send three short films and/or two feature films at most. Each DVD must contain only one submitted film.
- The pre-selection copies will not be returned but collected in the Milano Film Festival video archives. All shipping and postage costs of the preselection copies will be borne by the applicants.
- The filmmaker and/or producer authorize the publication of their data on the website www.milanofilmfestival.it and on the catalogue, as well as their diffusion through the media for promotional purposes according to the law.
- For each film submitted, one free accreditation card will be made available. They will be valid for all the screenings and side events included in the Festival’s programme.
- From the films received before the deadline, the Milano Film Festival selection jury will choose the titles that will participate in the fifteenth edition of the international feature and short film competition.
- The official list of the films participating to the competitions will be published on the web site www.milanofilmfestival.it on August 1st, 2010. The filmmakers and/or producers will receive notification via e-mail.
- The competing filmmakers and/or producers will be invited to take part in the film Re-distribution Project (D) starting from October 2010.
- The films will be screened, if possible, in the screening format declared in the submission form and will be subtitled both in English and Italian.
- Two international juries will award a prize to the Best Feature Film and to the Best Short Film. Equal First and Special Mentions are also possible.
- The organizers of Milano Film Festival – esterni – reserve the right to give the traditional Aprile Award to a short or feature film. Special Mentions may also be announced.
- Other awards:
- Audience Award
- Milano Film Festival Staff Award
- Student Jury Award
The works must be sent to the address below with an Application form.
Milano Film Festival
Via Vincenzo Monti 32