medi@terra 06 - Call for Games
http://www.neme.org/blog/mediterra-06-call-for-gamesmedi@terra 06 aims with this call for game projects to offer the opportunity to artists, independent creators, programmers and theorists from the field to show their work and at the same time to create a forum of communication, discussion and collaboration.
The projects to be submitted may be
- Standalone Offline Applications
- Online Applications, Applets (eg Flash, Shockwave, Java)
- Mods & Patches / modifications and enhancements of well known games (Quake, Unreal, Half-Life, Torque)
- Machinima / films made with the use of computer games
- Mobile Phone Games
The games to be submitted must be either hosted in a web server or sent in a CD/ DVD, PC or Mac compatible.
Playable demos of games are also accepted.
Criteria for the selection of the games will be
- Innovation in terms of development and application
- Originality of content
- New approaches introduced
- Aesthetic/artistic features
- Theoretical approach
A special interest will be shown to games with socio-political content as well as to games that constitute tools for education and other scientific fields.
All games submitted must have an English version available.
The games selected will be hosted in the exhibition of medi@terra 06 festival.
Submission deadline: April 28, 2006 (Deadline extended to 5 May, 2006)
Notification of the results: June 9, 2006