An invitation to artists in all media to submit exhibition proposals that respond to this theme.
Identity Politics - why does it seem as though this term has become the latest four letter word in contemporary art circles?
Are we in the midst of a post-identity politic where the issue of identity has been subsumed by larger discussions of global cultural politics and transnationalism or is there still a need for discourse around the specific issues that the rubric of identity politics addresses?
10-20 labelled slides, CD or DVD
CV & exhibition record
SASE (with enough postage to return slides)
Electronic proposals will not be accepted.
January 6, 2006
Please send proposals to:
Submissions: The Life and Death of I.D.
McMaster Museum of Art
University Ave, McMaster University
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4L6
Tel. (905) 525-9140 ext.23081
Fax (905) 527-4548
Deadline6 Jan 2006
Latest Blog posts
- Women in Conflict Zones-book presentation
- State Machines: book launch
- EXIT STRATEGY
- Garrett Lynch
- Respublika publication
- Free and Open Source Technologies, Arts and Commoning Practices
- Self as Actor: Colonising identity
- Self as actor: final list of participants
- Call for Contributions MoneyLab #6
- Call for Contributions VideoVortex XII