LA Freewaves: Too Much Freedom? LA Freewaves 10th Celebration of Experimental Media Arts
OPEN CALL: LA Freewaves (experimental media art, video, animation, shorts)
The showcase will present experimental media art from around the world at art venues in Los Angeles in November 2006 and through the Freewaves web site. Media art works include experimental video and film (narrative, documentary, art, animation, etc.), DVDs, web sites, simple installations, and video billboards. Works from the festival will also appear on public television, cable stations and video-streamed on the Internet.
Competitive selection process will be conducted by a group of international and local curators with diverse specialties and backgrounds. Notification of acceptance is in July 2006. Artist payments will be $200 for selected works.
How to Enter:
- Work must be completed since January 1, 2003.
- Include completed entry form.
- Label entries with title, artist&8217;s name, length, date of work and format. For initial preview, we prefer your work to be saved as a Quicktime data file on a CD or DVD (not encoded).
- Include a resume or bio plus a one paragraph description for each work submitted.
- For websites, indicate URL address on application form.
- For installation proposals, include additional description and diagrams/images.
- If you are in the US, include self-addressed stamped envelope for return of work.
- There is no entry fee to submit work for consideration, however, we highly encourage those who can afford it to become LA Freewaves members with a $25 donation. With membership, you support our programs so that we can continue to promote and exhibit innovative new media art during this difficult time.
Deadline: 15/02/06 – postmarked
2151 Lake Shore Avenue
CA 90039 Los Angeles
phone: (323) 664-1510