It's All True - Call for entries
Sao Paulo, Brasil
Event dates: 2006
It’s All True – International Documentary Film Festival (11th edition)
Festival was created to promote the documentary production and disseminate more widespread reflections on the genre.
Type of Festival: Competitive.
- Films and videos: documentaries.
- Format: 16 and 35mm film, and video in Betacam (NTSC).
- Documentary videos in other exhibition formats may only be entered in the non-competitive exhibition.
- No limit on running times but films must have been finished after June 2004.
- Categories – Brazilian Competition for Feature or Medium length films (running time more than 52 minutes); Brazilian Competition for Short Films (less than 52 minutes); informative exhibitions The State of Things, Latin American Showcase and Horizons (non-competitive). The winner of the Brazilian Competition for Feature or Medium Length Films will automatically be classified for the International Competition for Feature Length Films.
- Submissions are free.
- Submission material – those interested should fill out an entry form and send a VHS tape or DVD of the film, accompanied by photos to the Festival’s head office.
- Electronic subtitles – for the exhibition of Brazilian films and videos in the competition with foreign guests and, eventually, the international jury, it is indispensable to send the list of subtitles in English and a VHS tape or DVD with the final version of the film. For this reason, if the film be selected, a list of English dialogues is compulsory.
- Mail costs – mailing costs of sending the tapes re the sender’s responsibility.
- Return of material – the tapes or DVDs sent for submission will automatically become part of the Festival’s collection and may be used only for cultural reasons without commercial interests.
- Submission deadline – entries will be accepted up until January 13, 2006.
- Internet – once a production is submitted and selected, all information on the entry forms can be made public through the Festival’s Internet site.
- Promotion material – selected films automatically authorize the transmission of a maximum of 30 seconds of showing time on TV and/or Internet for the promotion of the Festival.
- From the announcement of the festival selection up to the end of this edition no selected film may leave any kind of public screening in Brazil, either in move theaters or similar either on open channels or cable and satellite Tvs . The non-compliance with this clause will automatically imply in the disqualification of the selected film, with the film company responsible for the film suspended from participating in It’s All True Festival for a period of three years.
- A minimum of 8 (eight) films will be selected for screening in the Brazilian Feature or Medium Length films competition. A minimum of 12 (twelve) films will select for in the International competition. A minimum of 10 (ten) films, Brazilian or international, will be selected for the Informative Showcase "State of Things", besides screenings scheduled for the Latin American Showcase for the Horizon Programme and for others. The selected films will be officially announced up until February 13, 2006.
- Copies of selected films should arrive in the Festival’s head office before March 3, 2006.
- Beta tapes and other promotional material should reach the Festival’s head office before March 3, 2006.
- The copies of films from Săo Paulo should be withdrawn at the Festival’s office up until two weeks after the end of the event. The Festival will cover the costs of remitting copies to other cities.
Two distinct juries will be invited, one international and another Brazilian, for the awarding process, each one comprised of three renowned cinema specialists.
The international jury will award the Best Documentary of the Year. The national jury will award the following prizes:
- Best Feature or Medium Lenght Brazilian Documentary (films longer than 52 minutes)
- Best Brazilian Short Documentary Film (films with running times less than 52 minutes)
The event is also open for partnerships which result in different awards to be announced during the Festival’s closing ceremony.
It’s All True – International Documentary Film Festival
Rua Aecri, 27
CEP: 05453-020 Sao Paulo SP
phone: (55 11) 3022-7535
fax: (55 11) 3023-1755