Call for Videos, AudioVisual Performance, Installations
Over the last two decades the festival has established itself as a great platform for artists and enthusiasts to get in touch with and talk about the medium video.
Videos with a maximum length of 35 minutes may be submitted to the International Competition – they can be experimental, documental or narrative. There are no boundaries to your creativity and innovation! And this time the competition is also open for film. An exceptional part of our festival is the unique AudioVisual Performance (formerly named VJ-Contest), where AudioVisual artists are invited to perform in front of a large seated audience. This is a whole new way to experience VJ art offside the dance floor.
Terms of participation
Eligible entries must:
- not exceed appr. 35 min of running time.
- use video/ film for recording/production.
- Please be aware that if your video is chosen for the competition, that it can only be screened in a digital format. We can’t provide the screening with film projectors etc.
- All contributions in languages other than English, as well as those in regional dialects which could be problematic to understand, should feature English subtitles. We ask you kindly to encode the subtitles on the same track as the featured video instead of sending them on a separate disc and to dispense with menu structures. 16:9 contributions should be sent as Letterbox files.
- Please be aware that your video should be a complete screening version that if not in german already contains english subtitles.
- If your video is animated please indicate the form of animation in detail.
- Applicants for the VJ or rather AudioVisual Performance should submit a recorded performance preferably on DVD or as a video data file in common codings (such as mpeg, divx, Qicktime) with a length of appr. 30 min. Traditionally we focus on the audio-visual relation and composition. We have to restrict the technical surrounding to one projector and one screen in order to guarantee comparability and equal opportunities for the contest. Other set-ups have to be agreed with the festival-commission. Besides the VJ-contest the participation in side-programs is possible, for which no limitation is articulated. A complete application in time along with the application form is a pre-condition in any case.
- CD-ROM projects must be sent as PC-versions. Installations already on exhibit should provide some form of documentation (photos, DVD, VHS,…). We also need a list of the technical equipment used and the dimensions of the installation.
- For screening purposes, we require a DVD or VHS-cassette (PAL) of each entry which will be kept in our archives. Rejected entries can only be returned within Germany, provided that a self-addressed and stamped envelope is enclosed.
Event dates: 10th to 12th June 2010