interMOCK - Call for entries
International Mockumentary Film Festival
To submit your film, send the following information to the address on our website. Please note these submission guidelines, as your film must meet these guidelines in order to be considered for the interMOCK festival. Also note that no DVD’s can be returned, and DVD submissions will be used for both selection and exhibition.
- Films must be squarely in the "mockumentary" genre, that is films that are fictional yet utilize the language of documentary filmmaking.
- Films must have a running time of LESS THAN 30 minutes. No exceptions.
- Films must have been completed within the last 12 months of submission.
- If the film is in a language other than English, it must have English subtitles.
- Submissions for the 2006 interMOCK must be postmarked no later than October 1st, 2005.
Questions should be directed to the submissions coordinator:
Dr. Frab TImov
interMOCK is strictly a not-for-profit, international group of mockumentary and parody enthusiasts. The "mock documentary" is presented as if it were a documentary, though it is not factual, and can be satirical, comedic, or dramatic. We celebrate all forms of this genre. Special considering is given to mockumentaries that are produced and/or distributed in the digital format, and that take advantage of the specificity of the digital medium in pushing the boundaries of the genre.
interMOCK 2006 will be held from January 1-3, 2006 at the Sunaire Drive-In Theater, 68050 Highway 111, Palm Springs, California.
For a summary and list of films from interMOCK 2005 in Fresno, go to http://intermock.netfirms.com/2005.html