Event dates: November 2005
In November 2005 interfilm Berlin will present for the 21th time the International Short Film Festival Berlin, a veritable meeting place for the international shortfilm and video scenes.
The completed entry form and DVD / preview video, must reach interfilm Berlin by July 15th, 2005. Please use a separate entry form for each film submitted (the form may be copied). All sections of the form are to be completed and every form must be signed. Stills (preferable digital) from the film should also be enclosed.
Films and videos submitted will automatically be considered for all suitable categories as well as for the special programs and the film market.
Film copies are insured for their print value for the duration of the festival. Compensation claims must be made within 10 days after the film has been returned. All deliveries to and from the festival are at the risk of the sender. Court jurisdiction is in Berlin.
The costs of sending viewing tapes & screening copies to the interfilm Festival are to be paid for by the sender. This also applies to film copies sent on from other festivals, in which case the applying parties must make the appropriate arrangements with the relevant festivals.
All prints and video tapes from non-EU member states must be clearly marked with a customs declaration stating the following: "For cultural purposes only. No commercial value." Parcels from non-EU member states must also be accompanied by an invoice stating a value of no more than 10 Euro (under no circumstances should higher production costs be given). Costs arising from incorrect declarations will be charged to the account of the sender.
7. Only the following film and video formats will be accepted for screening purposes - Film:16 & 35 mm. Video: Betacam (SP) PAL. If the original version of the film or video is in a language other than English or German, then the film must be subtitled in English. Exceptions may be made in certain cases. Those parties applying to the festival should only do so when they can guarantee that a screening copy of the film is available for the duration of the interfilm Festival. The screening copy must arrive no later than ten days before the festival begins.
Films & videos for competition may be no longer than 20 minutes. Exceptions may be made in certain cases.
No film may be withdrawn from the Festival program.
Notice of festival rejection will only be given when a legible email address has been included on the application form.
It is the responsibility of producers, distributors and or other applying organisations to ensure that permission has been obtained from all appropriate parties before submitting a film for selection to the interfilm Festival.
All DVD / vhs viewing material remains in the interfilm archive.
Send applications to the address of interfilm.
Tempelhofer Ufer 1A
phone: 0049 - (0)30 - 693 2959 or 2529 1322
Deadline15 Jul 2005
Latest Blog posts
- Women in Conflict Zones-book presentation
- Garrett Lynch
- Respublika publication
- Free and Open Source Technologies, Arts and Commoning Practices
- Self as Actor: Colonising identity
- Self as actor: final list of participants
- Call for Contributions MoneyLab #6
- Call for Contributions VideoVortex XII
- James Bridle @ NeMe