Viral Video Award 2011
Call for films with a message
Interfilm Berlin are looking for films with a message. All entries should be aiming to communicate either a promotional, ideational, political or original message. They should not be older than two years and should have already been successful at spreading the net via direct url, or at least be on the way to doing just that.
Three prizes will be awarded:
- Audience Award worth €1,000
- Jury Award worth €1,000 given by ‘Project Future’
- Award for Best political Viral with the themes climate, democracy or justice worth €1000 given by the Heinrich Boell Foundation
The films of competition will be shown at the 27th International Short Film Festival Berlin – 15th to 20th of November 2011 – on screen. The award ceremony will take place during the festival on November 19th 2011.
Each film must meet the following criteria in order to qualify for application:
- it must have been especially conceived for internet showing
- it must aspire to viral distribution
- it must either endorse or oppose something and/or communicate a message
- it cannot be older than 2 years and not longer than 10 minutes
It is the responsibility of the Applicant to ensure that permission to enter the competition has been obtained from all the relevant parties who partook in the production and that they own all the rights to the film. Should the Applicant not be identical with the maker of the film then that person’s name and email address must also be supplied.
Any prize money will be awarded to the maker of the film exclusively.
Upon submission the Applicant consents to the film being shown within the scope of the competition as well as during the interfilm Festival on screen. Should the film be nominated to run in competition the Applicant agrees to supply a copy of the film on DVD.
Any personal data belonging to the Applicant or film makers is for the sole purpose of the organisation and follow-up work pertaining to the competition and will not be disclosed to any third parties either by interfilm Berlin Management GmbH, Zucker.Kommunikation GmbH or the Heinrich Boell Foundation.