Magnum Foundation and Inge Morath Foundation
Call for women documentary photographers
The Magnum Foundation and the Inge Morath Foundation announce the tenth annual Inge Morath Award. The annual prize of $5,000 is awarded by the Magnum Foundation to a female documentary photographer under the age of 30, to support the completion of a long-term documentary project. One award winner and up to two finalists are selected by a jury composed of Magnum photographers.
All submissions must be postmarked or delivered by April 30th, 2011.
Form of Submission
- Images should be sent as a PDF document ONLY (no Quicktime, Powerpoint, or HTML files will be accepted).
- Please do NOT format your document as a slideshow; we’ll do that for you. Also, please do not password-protect your file.
- A subfolder with the individual image files must accompany the PDF file.
- All submissions must consist of work done solely by the submitting photographer.
Required Support Material
- Printed project description.
- Printed Curriculum Vitae (maximum three pages) including name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address.
- Photocopy or scan of ID clearly showing date of birth. Applicants must still be under the age of 30 before April 30th, 2011.
- Photographers represented by Magnum Photos and their immediate relatives are not eligible.
Inge Morath Award
c/o The Magnum Foundation
151 West 25th Street, 5th Floor
NY 10001 New York
phone: (212) 684-4195
fax: (212) 684-0760