The HORS PISTES film festival offers a showcase to unique and audacious videos and films that move away from traditional genres to blend fiction with documentary, contemporary art or experimental formats. The festival, which is non competitive, will be held from February 19th to 28th, 2010, at the Centre Pompidou.
The deadline for entries is November 15th, 2009.
- Any international 25-65 minutes length work completed after January 2008 is eligible for entry.
- No submission fee is required (or requested).
- Works may be screened in theatre in either 16 or 35 mm film format or in Beta or mini DV video.
- DVD of the work is to be sent – accompanied with a DVD copy of the film – imperatively accompanied by the sender’s contacts – at:
Centre Pompidou, services Cinemas
75191 Paris CEDEX 04, France
Note: Works in languages other than French or English must be subtitled in English.
- By taking part in the festival, participants automatically and fully accept all stipulated terms and conditions. The projection of a selected film may not be cancelled by its owner or anyone having rights to this film.
- Works are pre-selected by the organising committee and then shown in a large screen theatre to a selection committee, composed of program planners of the Centre Pompidou (from the Direction du développement culturel service cinema and the Musée national d’art moderne) as well as a member of the Agence du court métrage. The selection committee is not required to justify its decisions.
- Participants whose work has been selected are notified by e-mail no later than February 15, 2010.
PROJECTION OF SELECTED WORKS
- Film copies must be of sufficiently good quality for theatre screening. Any defects or special instructions concerning copies should be mentioned in writing and accompany the submission.
- Every copies of the selected works must be received by HORS PISTES no later than February 1st, 2010.
- Shipment of the copy both to the festival and back to its sender is paid for and organized by HORS PISTES.
- HORS PISTES is responsible for the film copy from the time it leaves the sender until the copy is finally returned. Should the copy be lost, stolen or damaged, HORS PISTES will reimburse any costs related to producing an identical replacement copy, based on a comparison of net prices in different countries.
- Any claims relating to the state of the film copy must be addressed to HORS PISTES no later than 14 days after the festival closes.
- A royalty fee of €100 (before tax) will be paid to the owner of the work.
- When HORS PISTES is travelling the owner accept the diffusion of the film and will be paid €100 also.
ATTENDING THE FESTIVAL
- Travel and accommodation expenses of participants wishing to attend the festival may be paid for, partially or totally, by HORS PISTES, at the discretion of the organization.
- All participants will be invited to an HORS PISTES dinner event during the festival.
- Participants agree to attend one of the discussion panels organized during the festival.
USE OF FILM CLIPS FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSESE
- Participants grant HORS PISTES permission to use freeze frame images from submitted DVDs to promote his or her film and the festival. Participants also give HORS PISTES the right, free of charge, to use an excerpt of his or her film, no more than two minutes in length, to be shown on television, the Internet or incorporated into a trailer, for the purpose of promoting the festival.
In case of further questions, please contact Charlene Dinhut at: