Each year, Fumetto – International Comix-Festival Lucerne holds a competition to give comic creators the opportunity to compare their work, present it to a broader public and to exchange views with others. The competition&8217;s theme this year is Energy.
- Deadline: 17th of January 2011 (date of postmark)
- Format: A4 or A3 (other formats will be disqualified)
- Form: only Comics (stories in picture form), no cartoons accepted, no digital entries
- Number of pages: maximum 4 (only 1 comic)
- Labelling: name, address, telephone number, e-mail and date of birth on the back of each page
- Packaging: sturdy envelope, no rolls
- Return Postage: if the return postage is not enclosed or not sufficient, the works will not be sent back but kept for one year only
- For Siwss Nationals: stamps, or money in the value of the stamps needed
- For Foreigners: 5 Euro
- Cat. 1: 18 years or older
- Cat. 2: 13 to 17 years
- Cat. 3: up to 12 years of age
- Schools: Please enclose a list with names and details (see Labelling ) of the participating students and information about the school/class.
- Forty to fifty comics will be nominated by the jury for the exhibition during the festival. Those not nominated will be shown in folders.
Awarding of prizes
- The winners will be announced and the prizes awarded on Friday the 8th of April 2011.
- The jury will award three prizes in each age-category.
- There will also be a prize for the best scenario, regardless of the categories.
- The festival’s visitors will be able to vote for the peoples choice award.
- The winners will receive cash prizes totalling 5000 CHF, and goods to the same value.
Send your submissions to:FUMETTO Competition PO Box 5163 CH-6000 Luzern 5 Switzerland