Frieze Writer's Prize 2011
to discover and promote new art critics
Frieze writer’s prize is an annual international award to discover and promote new art critics.
- Entrants must submit one unpublished review of a recent contemporary art exhibition, approximately 700 words in length.
- Entries must be submitted in English, but may be a translation (this must be acknowledged).
- Entrants must be over 18 years old.
- To qualify, entrants may only previously have had a maximum of three pieces of writing on art published in any national or regional newspaper or magazine. Previous online publication is permitted.
- Entries should be emailed as a Word attachment to email@example.com. Please do not send images.
- Closing date is 27 June 2011.
- The winner will be announced in the September issue of frieze published 18 August.
- The winning entrant will be commissioned to write a review for the October issue of frieze and will be awarded £2000.
Frieze Writer’s Prize
3-4 Hardwick Street
EC1R 4RB London