Festarte Videoart Festival
III CONCORSO INTERNAZIONALE
Theme and Concept
Private | Pubblic | Social
Visual and poetical grammars to analyze a humanity that in order to transform itself needs to recover its roots
Festarte challenges the artists to investigate on a kind of violence that does not injure the body, that is not visible, that hurts without touching, that dims the mind, deteriorates the existence and the vital force. Perceiving it, uncovering it = a breath of freedom.
- Emilio Alvarez, co-director LOOP Video Art Festival and Fair – Barcelona;
- Cecilia Casorati art critic and Professor of Phenomenology of Contemporary Arts at Academy of Fine Arts of Rome;
- Bruno Di Marinoa scholar in audiovisual experimentation;
- Raffaele Gavarro Critic and independent curator, Director of the International Festival “Videominuto”, curator for photography and new media in the island of San Servolo, Venice;
- Marco Maria Gazzano historian of cinema and electronic arts, Professor of Theories of Intermedia at “Università degli Studi Roma Tre”;
- Anna Mattirolo Director of “MAXXI Arte – Museo delle Arti e dell’architettura del XXI Secolo”;
- Flavio Misciattelli, President of the Foundation “Pastificio Cerere” – center of promotion for contemporary art;
- Adrian Paci artist;
- Antonio Passa artista, former director of Academy of Fine Arts of Rome;
- Olaf Stüber director Galerie Olaf Stüber, Berlin, focused on videoart
Prize money: €5.000
Maximum length of videos: 8 minutes
Awards night September 15, 2010 at t “La pelanda” piazza Orazio Giustiniani 4 – Ex slaughter-house of Testaccio – Roma -Italy New Cultural Area of the Municipality of Rome, managed by MACRO.
Exhibition: September 15-18 2010
Further showings of the selected works will be subsequently held in a few of the principal Italian museums.