EMAF 2014 call
26th EUROPEAN MEDIA ART FESTIVAL OSNABRUECK
April 23 – 27, 2014 Festival
April 23 – May 25, 2014 Exhibition
EMAF looks forward to receiving your entries to the European Media Art Festival competition, with new works. You’re invited to send us films, videos, installation- and performance projects or expanded media works. Please use the online forms for all submissions.
EMAF is one of the most influential forums of international Media Art. As a meeting point for artists, curators, distributors, galleries and an audience of experts the festival has a great impact on the topics and aesthetics of Media Arts.
Each year the festival offers its visitors a current overview of experimental films, installations, performances and new digital formats, ranging from personal and political subjects or formal experiments to provocative statements from the pulsating area of “Media Art – Society”. The Festival sees itself as a place of experimentation and a laboratory where extraordinary works, experiments and ventures are created and presented.
At the festival an international jury will select the EMAF Award for a trend-setting work in Media Art, the arte creative Newcomer Award and the Dialog Award of the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the promotion of intercultural exchange.
Experimental shorts and feature films, music videos, new forms of narration and documentation as well as specials and retrospectives.
From 23 April to 25 May 2014 the festival will present current media installations in the Kunsthalle Dominikanerkirche and other locations in Osnabrueck.
Artistic projects in media-arts, performances, digital music and sound projects, as well as the latest concepts of expanded cinema.
The contact and project exchange forum for new projects,tendencies and concepts from the media universities, academies of art and design colleges of Europe.
Theoretical debates covering the various issues of the festival in talks, workshops, artist presentations and panel discussions.
We warmly invite you to shape and discover the trends of experimental media-arts in Osnabrueck in April 2014.
Concept and directors board
Hermann Noering, Alfred Rotert,Ralf Sausmikat
How to submit a work
- At your first visit, please register with your e-mail address, your own password and your personal data. Attention: Please always use the same e-mail in the field “registrator” otherwise the database will refuse to open the application for you and us!
- A confirmation of your registration will be sent to your e-mail address.
- After registration you can log in with your e-mail and password.
- Click on “Submission of work”
- Please read the regulations carefully, tick it, then click on “Add a new film, installation or expanded media”. Please choose in the field “Category” what you want to submit: film/video, installation or expanded media. If you want to submit an “Expanded Media” work, choose additionally in the field “Specification” from the sub-categories Expanded Cinema, Performance or Net-project and fill out the application form. Done with that, click on “Save” at the bottom of the entry form and the second page will appear. Here you may attach additional documents and photos.
- Once being registered you can submit to your account any number of films as your data and submission maintain.
- Preview material:
- Submission with DVD: Please send a DVD of your work/project for preview with the ID-Number and a print-out of the submission form until December 6, 2013 to the EMAF address.
- Submission with video-link: Please type in the field video-link your Vimeo, YouTube link or a homepage and in the second field the password if needed. Make sure the password is valid until April 2014! You don’t have to ship a DVD or a print-out of the submission-form!
- You will be notified by e-mail of the decision of the selection committee no later than mid of March 2014.