Call for short films
The 17th International Short Film Festival in Drama will be held in the city of Drama, in Northern Greece, from 18 to 24 September, 2011. Events held during this period will include the 34th Greek Short Film Festival, the 17th International Short Film Festival, 5th digi2011 and other side events.
The Festival aims to promote short films and to develop a spirit of friendship and cooperation among filmmakers from all over the world.
CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY
Fiction, documentary and animation short films may participate, as long as:
- Their production was completed after January 1, 2010.
- Their final print of screening should be in 16 or 35mm format.
- Their running time does not exceed 35 minutes.
(The Festival Committee reserves the right to accept longer running films in special cases.)
- Only one film per participant will be accepted.
- Each participant should complete and sign the entry form. If the entry form is to be completed and sent by e-mail, the director and the producer(s) are required to send a signed copy by mail, as well.
Applications should reach the Festival premises by April 30, 2011 at the latest and should include:
- An entry form completed, signed and sealed by both the producer(s) and the director.
- At least one photograph from the film. (format: jpeg or tiff 300*300dpi)
- At least one photograph of the director. (format: jpeg or tiff 300*300dpi)
- A printed copy of the film’s complete dialogs in English or French.
- A DVD copy of the film.
- Filmography and Biography of the director.
The digital copies of the films that will be submitted to the Festival along with the entry form will remain in the archives of the Festival.
Prints of the films that have been selected by the Preliminary Festival Committee for the competition should be received by September 1st, 2011 (Mailing address: Agias Varvaras 9, 66100 Drama, Greece). Any film that will not meet this deadline will be excluded from the competition. Only high quality standard prints will be accepted.
The Jury of the Festival consists of at least 5 members and awards the following Prizes:
- THE GRAND PRIX PRIZE €3,000
- SECOND PRIZE €2,400
- BEST “SOUTHEASTERN EUROPE” FILM AWARD €2,400
- BEST ANIMATION FILM AWARD €1,500
The Jury may also award other honorary distinctions for specific artistic achievements. Each prize is awarded to a single film and cannot be awarded ex aequo.
TRANSPORTATION AND INSURANCE COSTS
Transportation costs for videotapes and prints submitted to the competition program shall be covered by the applicant. The Festival will undertake the costs of returning and securing the films as long as they are in the possession of the Festival. The Festival is obliged to return all film prints within fifteen days after the end of the Festival, to the address specified by the director or producer at least 10 days before the date of mailing.
In case of loss or damage, the festival is liable only for the cost of creating a positive copy of that film print.
Film excerpts that might be broadcast on television or the internet, should not exceed a duration of 3 minutes or 10% of the total running time of the film.
The Artistic Director of the Festival reserves the right to compile the Festival’s program and implement changes wherever necessary.
Any dispute concerning the present regulations will be judged and settled by the President of the Committee of the Festival. Any legal disputes can only be settled by the local Legal Courts of Drama.
Submission of the entry form to the International Short Film Festival in Drama implies unconditional acceptance of the present regulations.
International Short Film Festival in Drama
Emm. Benaki 71
phone: +30 210 3300309
fax: +30 210 3302818