About The Festival
This festival is to be screened at Herron School of Art and Design in the Basile Auditorium in conjunction with the photography and video exhibition Between History and Memory. Herron is located on the campus of Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). The screening will take place on Wednesday October 28th, 2009.
About The Theme:
Dual Channel video work is a style that is often included in exhibition format but rarely seen in a festival type screening; therefore this festival will exclusively feature this format. Works that truly experiment with the format are encouraged, but any two channel video work will be considered.
Open to all artists worldwide. Videos are limited to 20 minutes.
How to Submit Your Work
Please send up to 5 dual channel video works in H.264 MP4 format. Videos should be 250MB or less for the judging phase. Please name your files artist name, title.mp4 for example George Washington, White Horse.mp4
Via email, submit a corresponding title list. The title list should include the title, date, length, and any copyright information. Each submission must be accompanied with a brief artist statement about each video and/or your work as a whole as well as an artist bio and/or artist resume. All documents must be included electronically as either a Word document or a PDF. Also, please include the best frame capture from each setup in JPEG format for publicity purposes.
All submissions are due by September 1, 2009. Email submissions and any questions to: email@example.com
Review and Selection
Work will be reviewed by a committee including Paula Katz, Flounder Lee, and a third juror tba. Artists will be contacted by September 30, 2009 and informed which works are selected for the exhibition. DVDs of the correct resolution and format will be due by October 12th.
Dates to Remember
- Submissions due: September 1, 2009
- Artists informed of artwork selected for exhibition by: September 30, 2009
- Deadline for DVDs of accepted work: October 12th, 2009
- Video Screening: October 28, 2009
Checklist for Submissions
- Artist Statement (Word or PDF format)
- Bio or Artist Resume (Word or PDF format)
- Image List (Word or PDF format)
- Video title list (Word or PDF format)
- Submission form below (Word or PDF format)
- Link to file on filedropper
- Best frame capture as JPEG for publicity purposes