dLux media arts is now calling for works for the following categories of d>Art.O5:
- d>Art.O5 Screen: Open to Australian citizens or permanent residents only
- d>Art.O5 Sound: Open to Australian and International artists
- d>Art.O5 Web: Open to Australian and International artists
Under the sub-title "Distributed Art" d>Art.O5 will both focus on art forms that have an inherently distributed nature (web art, mobile phone art) and investigate new methods for distribution of digital art. (podcasting, BitTorrent, Bluetooth etc.).
d>Art.O5 will consist of an exhibition of sound, web, and mobile phone art and a screening program of experimental film and video art. The exhibition will take place at the Sydney Opera House Exhibition Hall in August/September 2005. The screening program will be presented during this same period.
During the exhibition the sound and mobile phone art will be available for distribution to the private devices (mp3 players, mobile phones) of the visitors. After the exhibition period, the sound and screen works will be distributed online through podcasting and BitTorrent, respectively. The web works will be presented in an online gallery on the dLux media arts website.
All distribution will be under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License.
The call for entries closes on June 15th. Any entries not completed by this date will not be accepted. Entrants will be notified of the selection results by July 1st.
Deadline15 Jun 2005
Latest Blog posts
- Women in Conflict Zones-book presentation
- Garrett Lynch
- Respublika publication
- Free and Open Source Technologies, Arts and Commoning Practices
- Self as Actor: Colonising identity
- Self as actor: final list of participants
- Call for Contributions MoneyLab #6
- Call for Contributions VideoVortex XII
- James Bridle @ NeMe